Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gold Coast where to fly?

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post. My question is to the fellow drone pilots on the Gold Coast. Previous to the new laws coming out Sept 2016 I would happily fly on the huge sports grounds at Runaway bay. There is a private airport namely "Southport Airport" in the Coombabah Wetlands reserve. That airport is within say 3 km of my favourite haunt & thus makes it illegal for me to fly there any more. Has anyone got any ideas of a great place to go that would not upset Casa / General public & be legal to fly my DJI Phantom 3 advanced model?

Cheers Dave...

All the info where you can/can't fly is on the CASA website.
Biggest thing they can't control is someone "common sense" level.

Many thanks for your reply Orangepeel. I know rules are rules and I accept & abide by that. I accept the fact I am limited to 120m / 400ft & line of sight. The park / oval I made mention of is perfect for me following the prescribed rules laid out & cannot see it interfering with any aircraft at all apart from rescue choppers on beach patrol that fly at 200ft. As you said so rightly said, what happened to "common sense". But there will be one who will ruin it for all & that is a given. But then this is the "Nanny Country" & a rule for everything. Common sense was never in the equation.

Reactions: MacDyver

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk