Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Golf courses are frustrating.

haha, I appreciate the constructive criticism. I really do. Golf is a boring and slow game. lol
I'll give her a go!

One small critique as a golfer, you would never say "hole 6" but you would say the "Sixth Hole",,,that sounds picky, but its just using the language used by golfers,

Reactions: mdomeny
Its so much easier to do it in the mornings with the right light.

Yes! I like the quality much better and I'm going to work on mine. Good idea about the morning light. Not a fan of having props show up in the videos though. Kind of a pet peeve of mine. :)

Back to my original question. If I approached the golf pro what do you think is the going rate for this?

Had I been paid to do this, I would guess that I would have charged $600 USD for THIS footage. I would say I spent a total of 4 hours filming and editing. A better grouping of shots, and waiting for some "golden hour" shots I would have charged more... possibly alot more.

Yep, i would said $600 a day shoot. Also anyone try to do this shoot useing the new feature way points? so the craft fly and you just control the camera?

Hi there, thanks to your constructive comments (I told you I appreciated it!) Here is my latest effort. What do you think now?

That's great but it doesn't really help me understand the course. I think the point of doing these is to show the layout of the hole, where the hazards etc are. This is still just flying over a gold course. Looks nice but not that useful yet. Just my opinion. If you're going to ask for money for these, I think they need to provide some value to someone.

That's great but it doesn't really help me understand the course. I think the point of doing these is to show the layout of the hole, where the hazards etc are. This is still just flying over a gold course. Looks nice but not that useful yet. Just my opinion. If you're going to ask for money for these, I think they need to provide some value to someone.
That was a promotional video I shot to not bore the golf pro to death! This the the video that hooks em and then I'd produce hole by hole videos

Nit picking really, but, just wondering whether it might be worth using a third party app like Autopilot and setting the camera target on the green, as close to the hole as is reasonable - just to avoid those minor yaw adjustments/corrections.

I've always requested 2 tee times when doing courses, mainly no body in front of me, or piggy back behind someone that doesn't care

Filmed 18 holes on 4 batteries yesterday. If there were not another person on the course, it would be easier. But when you have people in front of you, players behind you at each hole, it's frustration at the max. This video is the front 9, and I only had one shot at each hole, and I was unfamiliar with the course. I need to tune down the yaw, too much back and forth, plus the winds were gusting pretty good. I feel like I need to redo this one... The back nine turned out better, but I'm not done editing it yet. .... Meh.

Very Nice job - my only recommendation is you try using cyclic for your minor turns to follow the coarse - No big deal but on your opening shots hole 2-3 down the straight-aways I can see somewhat abrupt yaw corrections as you approach to the holes.

Also slow down your rate on the cameras pitch so it smoother - as an option to avoid pitching the camera, you can lower your altitude as you approach the hole to avoid moving the camera at all

Regards

Mike

Very Nice job - my only recommendation is you try using cyclic for your minor turns to follow the coarse - No big deal but on your opening shots hole 2-3 down the straight-aways I can see somewhat abrupt yaw corrections as you approach to the holes.

Also slow down your rate on the cameras pitch so it smoother - as an option to avoid pitching the camera, you can lower your altitude as you approach the hole to avoid moving the camera at all

Regards

Mike
This was my first attempt, and I didnt have that many hours on my I1, I've learned alot over the past few months, and I haven't done another one since. But yes, I agree with all. I may try another one in the spring.

So this is what I have learned about flying golf courses as a pilot and 30 year PGA golf professional. As I searched for near perfection I could only come close if I used waypoints. I realized it's time consuming, yet the elevation, pitch and yaw can be consistant and the results nearly flawless. I'm told autologic is close to launching a better waypoint app as well as you might try airnest (I have only seen on line). You might also consider adding some contrast and color if you're interested. On my ipad it lacks some pop! I hope this helps.Our new web site (released in January as www.genevanational resort.com) will feature footage of some of our shots. Good luck. Check out Cog Hill on youtube. Not bad at all.

Reactions: Highrpm955

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar