Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Good Intention Poor Execution

Funny, FAA drops all these rules, on us, but intel seems to get special privileges to do flights over people, and at night... money talks!

Can the FAA truly regulate drone flights Indoors?

To my knowledge the FAA has no authority over the Airspace Inside of a building.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its safe to fly over people indoors, I'm just arguing the point that I don't think they would have needed the FAA's Approval for this type of flight.

Can the FAA truly regulate drone flights Indoors?

To my knowledge the FAA has no authority over the Airspace Inside of a building.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its safe to fly over people indoors, I'm just arguing the point that I don't think they would have needed the FAA's Approval for this type of flight.
Beat you :p

Reactions: CaptainBadge
I'm not arguing a point, I assumed once lifting off the ground regardless of indoor or outdoors; the flight is regulated by the FAA. Sounds like I'm wrong, which won't be the first or last time...so I stand corrected!

Last edited:
...and the drone also didn't appear to be flying over anyone. But I've had this question for a while...we're not allowed to fly over people - ok. But what does that mean exactly? If I'm 5 feet over from 'directly overhead' is that considered legal? It sure isn't any more or less safe. Has this been defined anywhere?

...and the drone also didn't appear to be flying over anyone. But I've had this question for a while...we're not allowed to fly over people - ok. But what does that mean exactly? If I'm 5 feet over from 'directly overhead' is that considered legal? It sure isn't any more or less safe. Has this been defined anywhere?

In the dutch regulation we have the same problem, we cannot fly over houses, but we can fly over 30 kmh roads... (which are practically next to each other)

Directly overhead can legally only mean just that. If we all would have to interpret that in our own way where is the end? Stupid rule. The higher you fly the more distance you should take for safety in any case, IMHO.

In the dutch regulation we have the same problem, we cannot fly over houses, but we can fly over 30 kmh roads... (which are practically next to each other)
In the dutch amateur rules it's also 'not directly overhead' of people houses and roads. Means that an amateur can fly right next to a highway as long as he is not directly over it. For certified operators it is impossible unless the highway is shut down or the traffic is regulated down to 60km/hr, and even then only with a special exemption and approved procedure in the OM.

Reactions: Reinier

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide