Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Google Maps Elevation data

I think google is only 30/50m accurate as it uses free dataset. Anything less and there is a market that charges good money for it.

If you're that worried, then look at the surrounding area, fly to the highest point with your drone, note the highest object in the area you're going to be flying then set that as a minimum height + 10% for good measure.
You should be fine providing you stay below 120m, and don't take the piss with the autonomous modes.

I've been using the Google elevation data as a baseline but before I run a waypoint mission with elevations derived from Google I plan to fly manually first to confirm those elevations. The reason to use an autonomous mission is to get smoother video and images and to control what the camera is looking at as smoothly as possible so building a waypoint mission with video/photo targets and selecting the correct elevation is important. Fly the mission manually at first and confirm both the lat/lon coordinates as well as the elevation then fly autonomously.

Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry