Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GPC Inspire Pro 1 backpack

Reaction score
I just got notice of this being available now for X5 Pro:

DJI Inspire 1 Backpack

I have one of their landing cases, which is pretty good, BUT it has terrible weight distribution -- it wants to flip over all the time when it's on it's wheels. Interesting that they talk about "optimal" weight distribution with the backpack -- I wish they'd "optimized" my case.

Anyone aware of any backpack solutions for the Inspire 1 w/X5?

This one seems to be super spendy for what you get, but seems to be a very compact solution that nearly matches most airlines' carryon dimensions. Only about 4" too wide, which you can probably get away with.

Shame, can't really find a better option.

Drone community needs to collectively stop paying for these outrageously priced things.

So, I pulled the trigger on it. I'm fairly happy with it, but there are some minor improvements that could be made. Multicopter Warehouse is selling it for $300 with free shipping (so, $85 less than from GPC). I still think this should have been $50-75 less expensive.

Not much larger than the original case, which is what I was after. Should still fit in Carry-On of most medium sized jets.

Two issues:

1, there should be more protection on the back. They could have slipped a single piece of plastic into the back cover that would would protect the contents from impact on the back. Would have been clever to make it removable, which would serve as a good 'landing pad'. I might investigate doing it on my own.

2. The controller cutouts aren't exactly large enough to protect the antenna. Needed to be a couple millimeters wider, and then the whole controller could tuck away.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. The straps are great and its comfortable to wear, though I'm not sure I'd want to hike more than a couple miles with it.

Has plenty of storage for peripherals and accessories, and also came with two additional MOLLE pouches that can attach to the bag, sized for the X5 gimbal box and the OSMO case.

Reactions: gruvpix
So, I pulled the trigger on it. I'm fairly happy with it, but there are some minor improvements that could be made. Multicopter Warehouse is selling it for $300 with free shipping (so, $85 less than from GPC). I still think this should have been $50-75 less expensive.

Not much larger than the original case, which is what I was after. Should still fit in Carry-On of most medium sized jets.

Two issues:

1, there should be more protection on the back. They could have slipped a single piece of plastic into the back cover that would would protect the contents from impact on the back. Would have been clever to make it removable, which would serve as a good 'landing pad'. I might investigate doing it on my own.

2. The controller cutouts aren't exactly large enough to protect the antenna. Needed to be a couple millimeters wider, and then the whole controller could tuck away.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. The straps are great and its comfortable to wear, though I'm not sure I'd want to hike more than a couple miles with it.

Has plenty of storage for peripherals and accessories, and also came with two additional MOLLE pouches that can attach to the bag, sized for the X5 gimbal box and the OSMO case.
Thanks for the quick review. Sounds like most GPC products, decent enough but a little too pricey for the lack of refinements and little quality issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters