Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GPS overlay

Reaction score
Website
www.tim.co.nz
Hi guys, In need of some rather urgent help. A client wants to shoot flood damage to roading and needs an overlay or some easy way to correlate a video to an actual location. His thoughts were to overlay a GPS location on screen (recorded) so that when they spot road damage they can take note of the GPS co-ord's and return to fix it.
This looks very cool and ideal any idea if it can be done with the Inspire data ?

Thanks,
Tim

The onboard GPS records its path on your device. If you simply fly to point of interest and circle it it will basically draw a circle on your map. You can go back and see your flights in the app and see your circled areas. I know it is not exactly what you are looking for but it should work. You can always cross-reference a map to find the coordinates or just use the map as is.

Reactions: Drone Mastery
Last edited:
Hi guys, In need of some rather urgent help. A client wants to shoot flood damage to roading and needs an overlay or some easy way to correlate a video to an actual location. His thoughts were to overlay a GPS location on screen (recorded) so that when they spot road damage they can take note of the GPS co-ord's and return to fix it.
This looks very cool and ideal any idea if it can be done with the Inspire data ?
There is a very useful tool developed by Cutter which allows you to access your flight records to generate an overlay for Google Earth and raw data in CSV format for analysis in Microsoft Excel or Apple Numbers.

The InspirePilots thread is here.

The tool can be accessed here.

The best way is to use data from FLYTREX Live 3G and combine it with video editor Dashware.

Last edited:
Hi there,
I'm interested to know if a everyone is still using Dashware overlay telemetry data on their video... is this still the best solution publicly available....
I have developed an interactive web viewer that I use to overlay mapping data and telemetry data for my clients.... I just give the website a CSV file and the raw video.
Here is an example of an older prototype.
Mappazzo video survey

If there is interest, I may be able to make this solution accessible to other users.

Reactions: Canuck32
Hi there,
I'm interested to know if a everyone is still using Dashware overlay telemetry data on their video... is this still the best solution publicly available....
I have developed an interactive web viewer that I use to overlay mapping data and telemetry data for my clients.... I just give the website a CSV file and the raw video.
Here is an example of an older prototype.
Mappazzo video survey

If there is interest, I may be able to make this solution accessible to other users.[/QUOTE

I'm very interested in this utility. How do I get access to it?
Thank you for sharing.

Hey there, thanks for the interest. We are finishing off a bit of development that will make it available for other users.. should be available as beta in a few weeks.
if you send me a private message with your email address and i'll add you to the list so you can get access as soon as it's ready.

you can also check back at my other thread where I will announce the beta launch.

Hey there, thanks for the interest. We are finishing off a bit of development that will make it available for other users.. should be available as beta in a few weeks.
if you send me a private message with your email address and i'll add you to the list so you can get access as soon as it's ready.

you can also check back at my other thread where I will announce the beta launch.
I can't find a PM link. I would very much appreciate it if you added me to your list. My email is [email protected]. And Happy Birthday!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell