Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Great and informative forum...

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
Just a quick shout out of gratitude to those in the forum. Coming from the P4 and Mavic forums where things appear to be the wild, wild west, this is refreshing. I don't miss those: "how do you turn the Mavic on", or "is it okay to fly in the rain or snow" questions that were asked on a daily basis. I like the professionalism and plethora of information that the forum offers. Much of the info here has made my transition to the I2 painless and enjoyable. Thanks.

Always has to be one, so thought I might as well Get there first for a change :D:D:D

Ah, found the switch.... gotta love the smell of fresh ground coffee :cool:

I had my coffee four hours ago when I hit the office. By the way, found the balancing ring right where you said it was. For some reason, I thought it was a filter until I stuck my finger through the middle. The word that comes to mind is: "DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". Anyway, a friend will let me try her Olympus 12mm, and according to DJI it doesn't require a balancing ring so this should prove interesting.

Ah, that perfectly optically clear DJI filter - so perfect your finger goes right through it ;) :D

The 12mm should have a balance ring on it and some bits of the DJI docs say it's needs it, others don't mention it so usual clear as mud info from DJI. it does fly perfectly happy without one, but if you want one then try the one from the front of the DJI 17mm, it fits and is about the right weight at 10g. I've a 7-8g firecrest uv400 filter on my 12, 17 and 25mm's and they're all happy enough with that.

Reactions: deltalimatango
Ah, that perfectly optically clear DJI filter - so perfect your finger goes right through it ;) :D

The 12mm should have a balance ring on it and some bits of the DJI docs say it's needs it, others don't mention it so usual clear as mud info from DJI. it does fly perfectly happy without one, but if you want one then try the one from the front of the DJI 17mm, it fits and is about the right weight at 10g. I've a 7-8g firecrest uv400 filter on my 12, 17 and 25mm's and they're all happy enough with that.

Ah okay. So if by chance I want to fly with an ND8 or Polarizer, on the DJI 17mm, no ring needed, right? And yes, DJI can be clear as mud. Their site is a mess if you want info. You really have to hunt for things sometimes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74