Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Groundstation coming?

Sooner o later we will get GS, I have to admit the waiting time is very annoying, one thing I know for sure once we wet it I won't be testing it right away, I prefer to wait until a considerable number of pilots give us some reports of bugs, etc, and only then I will give it a try, that's for sure!
Coward......where's your spirit of adventure? :p

Reactions: jon b
Remember how excited everyone got when we received this email lol.

What's Coming Next
In the next few months, three main features announced with the Phantom 3 will be coming to the Inspire 1:

inspire1_19.jpg

Ground Station
Plan and execute autonomous flight paths by telling your Inspire 1 where to go and what to do at up to 100 points on a map.

inspire1_21.jpg

Live Streaming
Share what you’re seeing, as you’re flying, with anyone around the world with YouTube live streaming compatibility.

inspire1_23.jpg

Director
Cut and edit your favorite footage instantly, as the built-in Director pieces together your clips and adds in music, ready to be shared.

inspire1_29.jpg

Also coming soon, the Inspire 1 handheld camera mount will enable your to take your camera from the sky to the ground and capture footage for any of your needs.

inspire1_31.jpg

Lastly, the DJI SDK will be made available for the Inspire 1, allowing you to create customized apps that control and gather data from your flight platform in new ways.

These new features, along with the Inspire 1’s unique 360⁰ camera and dual operator support, make it the perfect choice for professional-level cinematography and photography.

This is me waiting-

skeleton-computer.jpg

Yeah we got that a month ago this coming Tuesday, and the only thing missing to date if that emailed list is Groundstation.

So technically GS should be coming "soon".

Remember how excited everyone got when we received this email lol.

What's Coming Next
In the next few months, three main features announced with the Phantom 3 will be coming to the Inspire 1:

inspire1_19.jpg

Ground Station
Plan and execute autonomous flight paths by telling your Inspire 1 where to go and what to do at up to 100 points on a map.

inspire1_21.jpg

Live Streaming
Share what you’re seeing, as you’re flying, with anyone around the world with YouTube live streaming compatibility.

inspire1_23.jpg

Director
Cut and edit your favorite footage instantly, as the built-in Director pieces together your clips and adds in music, ready to be shared.

inspire1_29.jpg

Also coming soon, the Inspire 1 handheld camera mount will enable your to take your camera from the sky to the ground and capture footage for any of your needs.

inspire1_31.jpg

Lastly, the DJI SDK will be made available for the Inspire 1, allowing you to create customized apps that control and gather data from your flight platform in new ways.

These new features, along with the Inspire 1’s unique 360⁰ camera and dual operator support, make it the perfect choice for professional-level cinematography and photography.

This is me waiting-

View attachment 1958
Rofl!
That made my day!
Thanks!

Reactions: CaptainBadge
LOL, agree, though I'd like all the bugs fixed first.
AMEN. Can I please set Dynamic Home Point in the next firmware update? Scary, dude.
I'd definitely not use waypoint or use *anything* autonomous if I couldn't set dynamic home point. Sheesh.

Could someone clarify the difference between Dynamic Home Point and Return To Home.
Sure, man. When you initiate RTH (return to home), it will go to one of two places you set. One, to the location you set it to, mostly likely when you take off. Or, dynamic point is where your controller is (presumably in your hands). The latter (I prefer) is because we often walk away slightly from the initial place of takeoff, and it will come back to where we currently are with the controller.
I just got my i1 back from repair and can't set Dynamic Home Point. I called, and spoke to a tech about it, and he told me it was a known issue and would be fixed in the next firmware update. So, for now I am using the "location" version of RTH, and making sure I am straight with it coming back to where I set it in case of emergency.

Reactions: Outta Control
RTH = return to a home point, normally where you took off.
Dynamic home point = possibility to change that point while in flight to something other than where the aircraft took off.

RTH = return to a home point, normally where you took off.
Dynamic home point = possibility to change that point while in flight to something other than where the aircraft took off.

But to be CRYSTAL clear on this point: dynamic home point is only "dynamic" in that YOU can MANUALLY hit the button to set a new home point at the controllers current location when the home point is set, periodically.

This is not a "dynamic, constantly moving with the controller" home point feature.

Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: PB30X and Kilrah
Just heard from a very reliable source

"Just read this morning that DJI will not be releasing waypoints for the p3 or i1 because they are "leaving it up to 3rd party developers."

Last edited:
Just heard from a very reliable source

"Just read this morning that DJI will not be releasing waypoints for the p3 or i1 because they are "leaving it up to 3rd party developers."
While I am happy with the overall performance of the aircraft and consider it money well spent.. and spent and spent, I have to say that I feel hoodwinked by the original marketing of the product saying these things were or would be included with the aircraft. When I originally bought the Inspire, POI and Waypoints were 'forthcoming'. For them to abandon these features and leave it to someone else to solve the problem is disengenuous at best and false advertising at worst.

Reactions: Moleyb
I think the best way to look at it is, Just don't count on DJI to come out with the Groundstation, too many promises, if it happens then Great. We have been told that it was coming out several times and today I talked to 2 different Customer reps from DJI... 1 said Third party only now and the other one said no "could be"
It's not so much the Groundstaion but its the creditability that is lost...I was told prior to purchasing the I1, that it will defiantly be coming out in future update, Now the story changes. I own all the Phantoms, s900 and the I1 and feel they have grown so large that we are just consumers now rather then dedicated customers, not worthy of the truth one way or the other. Even though i believe we own a good product, what can we believe now? Sad to say, but i don't think i will ever purchase a new product from DJI again. It would be pretty simple to say that if a reputable company will come in with a comparable product, better tech support and truthful marketing they could easily surpass DJI. I sent a defective TB47 battery in and had to wait 5 weeks before replacement good thing a had a few 48's but they still got my money....

Reactions: Moleyb
If it ends up that third party developers make the GS software then I guess that will have to do, but it would be much nicer if it was part of the Pilot App (its the missing piece IMHP). However, I am annoyed that this functionality has publicized in several places since launch:

- In the Pilot App video (10min 15s)
- In the manual (POI mentioned in the last few pages)
- In that last email from DJI to Inspire owners

Also I just noticed they have removed (or moved) the SDK info section from the Inspire features page of their website. Probably because of us!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44