Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Guess they are certified then???

agreed, but my hex was unconcontrolable while going down on me and going from a filed side to a side with houses and watching it just fall from the sky eventhough it is a hex was terrible... i have never had so much adrenalin rush through my body and praying that no one was injured (i don't mind things as they can be replaced) but still is also bad. fortunately nothing happened because it fell in the front lawn of a house outside of the fence only being broken...
so redundancy has been no good friend of mine...

note: it turned out that a solder point got loose and probably a second which caused the crash eventually...
keeping in mind that the hex is heavier and failing over anything ultimaty causes more damage and if it is spinning around due to a prop failure it's even more dangerous than an I1 just droping like a rock...

please correct me or teach me if i am wrong about something here. that was my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure what flight controller was on your Hex at the time but you are right, redundancy is not everything.
Although most FC's have algorithms to cope with a single prop/motor/esc failure on a six or more propped machine they can still be difficult to control.
An X8 or X12 is better since thrust is still maintained on the axis of failure if a single engine goes out.
For any flights around people/crowds the CAA need an Operating Safety Case (OSC) which must be submitted and approved before the flight can take place.
There are many hoops to jump through regarding emergency procedures, alternative landing areas, cordons and in cases like this the CAA would probably only allow it if the aircraft was fitted with a parachute to reduce the kinetic energy of the falling aircraft in the event of a catastrophic failure.

Just because I live in another country doesn't mean I have not done my homework. If you go to the Phantom site, most there are lawbreakers and trashing the industry. Im going to report them all. It give some great pleasure. Im also learning about the geography in your country and others.
I applaud your efforts (seriously I do) however unfortunately the CAA have now handed over the 'policing' of incidents such as this to the local police and will not even investigate these blatant breaches of Cap 722 166/7
I wish that were not the case as I have plenty of guys local to me who should not be doing what they are but I fear (certainly in the UK) any complaints mearly now get filed in the 'circular filing cabnet' in the corner of the room.
Personally, I believe the only thing that will make both the CAA and the Police awaken from their slumber is when a serious injury/fatality occurs by which time of course, it will be too late.
That's not having a pop Dennis, it's just sadly stating the facts as they have become in the UK.

Not sure what flight controller was on your Hex at the time but you are right, redundancy is not everything.
Although most FC's have algorithms to cope with a single prop/motor/esc failure on a six or more propped machine they can still be difficult to control.
An X8 or X12 is better since thrust is still maintained on the axis of failure if a single engine goes out.
For any flights around people/crowds the CAA need an Operating Safety Case (OSC) which must be submitted and approved before the flight can take place.
There are many hoops to jump through regarding emergency procedures, alternative landing areas, cordons and in cases like this the CAA would probably only allow it if the aircraft was fitted with a parachute to reduce the kinetic energy of the falling aircraft in the event of a catastrophic failure.

also agreed. i learned to fly with mikrokopter parts building my own octo and hex.
austria is off the hook with regulations. they do the overkill in any case which is my opinion.
i will be doing (at least it looks like it as i am still waiting for the "what shot we want list") for a festival. i would be flying over people cheering to a concert... i did it last year but only as a side gig as i was actually going to help out as a technitian... the owner of the festival liked my shots so much that he gave me an order for this years. i really wish i would have a top of the line redundant octo or dodeca even and a gh4 or similar rather than x3 which made really nice pictures but can not afford it. adding to it no real regulations are in olace nore insurance that does anything but pulling up their shoulders and not paying for ANY incident that happens in worst case...
its nice amount of moeny and i triple check five times for saftey issues that could be and can occure at all times and also say NO if i feel i can't or should not do something due to safty issues or me not wanting to do something.

this is also why i asked for the information about how to set up a risk assesment to see what i might miss or not since this is non exsitant in hungary i would like to be prepared once it hits the country and some polititian finds out some crap he sees in other countries and wants to copy it without implementing it to the situations given in our country.

It is a serious subject. And an idiotic thing to do! However, every year around 2,500 people are killed on uk roads - many by 'idiot drivers'. These are drivers who know the law yet choose to break it.

I hope no drone owners, on this website, speed in built-up areas or text/talk on their mobile whilst driving? We all know the POTENTIAL dangers of such actions - yet many qualified drivers do it despite the risk of losing their licence plus a hefty fine and a possible jail sentence!

So, let's not hold our breath that some idiot flying a drone over a crowd will get prosecuted - or we are likely to die of oxygen starvation!

Last edited:
I make it a practice to report every rule viol
It is a serious subject. And an idiotic thing to do! However, every year around 2,500 people are killed on uk roads - many by 'idiot drivers'. These are drivers who know the law yet choose to break it.

I hope no drone owners, on this website, speed in built-up areas or text/talk on their mobile whilst driving? We all know the POTENTIAL dangers of such actions - yet many qualified drivers do it despite the risk of losing their licence plus a hefty fine and a possible jail sentence!

So, let's not hold our breath that some idiot flying a drone over a crowd will get prosecuted - or we are likely to die of oxygen starvation!
Only way to weed clowns out is to report every act of misconduct. In the US the FAA may not investigate every one but you are creating a history for that person by reporting. I briefed every police chief in my county on how cops should handle drone complaints: if hobbyist check registration number and if injury file a report with the FAA., if commercial ask for pilot license and 333. If not legal, file a report with FAA.

Come on everyone! These people are all extras in a movie, they all gave permission in order to complete this wonderful (possible) award winning cinematographic composition. :D

Most people who are as stupid and ignorant as this 'filmer' don't even know how to react when the electronics fail. Most of them never experienced what it is to actually operate a flying machine manually.
In the Netherlands we have to fly in manual mode during training and exam (for RPAS-L license) with a multirotor of the examiners choice. You are never allowed to fly your own. Inspire-1's are not considered for training and exam simply because a real manual mode doesn't exist, only Atti, which is still very assisted.

This clearly must be an ignorant "look moms, I can fly too" SOB, flying through FPV. Clearly, any certified pilot would have done it with a fully redundant multirotor (the Matrice 600 would be quite suitable if it lives up to the promise), but only after making an extensive risk analysis, and make sure all risk avoidance and possible risk mitigations have been done and proper permissions are obtained.

If this guy would have lost control and crashed in the crowd, NO insurance would have covered him. He would be paying for the rest of his natural life.

The music in the clip is spot on. Totally worthless campfire diddly do, pure waste of audible frequencies.

edited...typos, sorry :)

Casey Neistat flys like this and post it on youtube on almost a daily basis. Loaded with 333 violations and reckless flying over people and fast moving vehicles. Numerous complains by phone and in writting to the FAA of which their response is...We find nothing wrong with his activities. Cry BS to that action.

Casey Neistat flys like this and post it on youtube on almost a daily basis. Loaded with 333 violations and reckless flying over people and fast moving vehicles. Numerous complains by phone and in writting to the FAA of which their response is...We find nothing wrong with his activities. Cry BS to that action.
Totally agree - Neistat is a spoilt rich kid that doesn't care for his equipment or other peoples safety - only his PooTube ratings.
On the other hand of course what he is doing isn't strictly against US law since the FAA and the lawmakers have been glacially slow to keep up with technology and law.
In the UK, this type of flying is in breach of the Air Navigation Order which IS law.

I'm not a professional videographer by any means but the actual video looked really amateurish. Props in the video and jerking camera movements. It looks as bad as when I fly and try to video something!

The pilot could have flown on the outskirts of the event achieving similar footage with far less risks to the unaware people below. Flying down the middle of a crowd is Richard move.

Reactions: Ikopta
Just because I live in another country doesn't mean I have not done my homework. If you go to the Phantom site, most there are lawbreakers and trashing the industry. Im going to report them all. It give some great pleasure. Im also learning about the geography in your country and others.
dont waste your time , ive reported 10 or more and here in AUS CASA simply dont give a ....

I'm in the USA. As you know, we don't have any official rules yet from our FAA yet. But since it seems like our American federal government officials (certainly the elected ones who have to approve everything, once their rich benefactors tell them what to do) copy everyone else and don't do anything original, we may see similar rules here once the FAA is done.

So, I assume the CAA rules would have allowed a drone operator to fly around the edge of the event but not over it, correct? How far would the drone have to be from the edge? Did I read right that someone posted you could get a "permit" to fly over people or not?

I'm in the USA. As you know, we don't have any official rules yet from our FAA yet. But since it seems like our American federal government officials (certainly the elected ones who have to approve everything, once their rich benefactors tell them what to do) copy everyone else and don't do anything original, we may see similar rules here once the FAA is done.

So, I assume the CAA rules would have allowed a drone operator to fly around the edge of the event but not over it, correct? How far would the drone have to be from the edge? Did I read right that someone posted you could get a "permit" to fly over people or not?
CAA has very strict rules for this. If it is an open air assembly of 1,000 people or more then a distance of 150m must be maintained.
Smaller gatherings currently allow for a distance of 50m (30m when taking off and landing) with sub 7kg aircraft. However, flying over the top of a crowd of people would be strictly prohibited and against the law.

Any drone pilot watching that video did not see something wrong , then you are not a drone pilot. Get some training, you are screwing this industry.

you could stop talking to me like this. only because you think you know everything does not mean others do... i live in a country where no acreditation is present so watch your toung and stop insulting someone you do not know **** about.

(sorry about language Editor) - feel the way of conversation is not apropiate with me as i did nothing wrong besides asking...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool