Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Harness for controller?

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good harness for an inspire controller? Any experience with the Zero Gravity harness?

Does anyone know of a good harness for an inspire controller? Any experience with the Zero Gravity harness?
The Secraft Harness is excellent quality but you will need the TX Tray as well.
Welcome to SECRAFT

Inpire TX Tray - Welcome to SECRAFT

Extremely well made and professional grade.

Don't trust the toy lanyard that comes with the Inspire, it is cheap Chinese rubbish and there have been failures on the rivet causing the TX to crash to the ground.
I threw mine in the bin without ever using it. :)

Welcome to SECRAFT

Don't trust the toy lanyard that comes with the Inspire, it is cheap Chinese rubbish and there have been failures on the rivet causing the TX to crash to the ground.
Hey thanks for that. I'll look into it. What do you think of using the TX on a tripod?

Welcome to SECRAFT

Thanks for the heads up. I had some credit at the DJI online store and purchased the one I linked to above, it seems sturdy enough, but i've only been using it for a day or so. I wasn't lucky or possibly unlucky enough to get one for free with my inspire2 ;)

Thanks for the heads up. I had some credit at the DJI online store and purchased the one I linked to above, it seems sturdy enough, but i've only been using it for a day or so. I wasn't lucky or possibly unlucky enough to get one for free with my inspire2 ;)
Just be very careful with that - it's single rivet that holds the entire weight of the TX. :eek:
If you look at some of the heavy duty ones (Secraft etc) they are never going to fail :)

I threw mine in the bin because there is no way to wear it without looking like an absolute dork :p

Reactions: DigitalDrone
Welcome to SECRAFT

I going to be buying the secraft tray right now but have a question if you can answer. Which SE Mobile Grip L would you suggest that would be the most comfortable for viewing the ipad, the one that connects to the secraft tray, TX Bar or the one that takes the place of the Inspire's grip (same position)?

Reactions: Cruncher
I going to be buying the secraft tray right now but have a question if you can answer. Which SE Mobile Grip L would you suggest that would be the most comfortable for viewing the ipad, the one that connects to the secraft tray, TX Bar or the one that takes the place of the Inspire's grip (same position)?
I use the Mobile Grip-L on my Trays as I run iPad Air2's
This one - Welcome to SECRAFT

You do not need anything else as it comes with the cross bar (and screws) that will fit onto the TX tray. If you are not using a full size iPad or a different tablet then just check the minimum and maximum opening sizes on the grip you choose to make sure it accommodates your tablet

Here's one of my set-ups..... View media item 459View media item 458
Let us know how you get on. :)

Reactions: slim.slamma
With the iPad Pro 2 rumored to ship as early as March, the questions are moot and I will likely wait but I’ll pose them anyway.

I want to order a Secraft SE-mobile-grip for Inspire 2 but am not sure which one.

It seems based on the minimum width of the XL at 170mm, the 9.7 inch at 169.5 would be too narrow to fit. My wife has a 12.9 inch iPad Pro I could use which would require the XL regardless but if it supported a smaller iPad I would be covered either way if I pick up a Pro 2 with Cellular assuming the new iPad's are similar in width.

With the tray and harness balancing and supporting the weight, is the 12.9 inch still too big?

I use the Mobile Grip-L on my Trays as I run iPad Air2's
This one - Welcome to SECRAFT

You do not need anything else as it comes with the cross bar (and screws) that will fit onto the TX tray. If you are not using a full size iPad or a different tablet then just check the minimum and maximum opening sizes on the grip you choose to make sure it accommodates your tablet

Here's one of my set-ups..... View media item 459View media item 458
Let us know how you get on. :)
I want to see the pictures with a close-up of you in the the colander!

Reactions: slim.slamma
That is a great looking harness. Out of curiosity, is anyone using controllers other than the standard controller from DJI? For example something from Futaba etc.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

That is a great looking harness. Out of curiosity, is anyone using controllers other than the standard controller from DJI? For example something from Futaba etc.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots
No, because it can't be done.
The transmission techniques used by DJI are totally different to anything Futaba or Jeti etc use.
The video and telemetry is embedded within the 2.4ghz data stream rather than transmitted separately.

Welcome to SECRAFT

Will the Inspire TX Tray fit the Inspire 2 as well? I just received mine and is says Inspire 1 and I would like to confirm before I open the package in case I need to return. Hopefully the Inspire 1 and Inspire 2 controllers are the same size with the same configuration.

Thanks

Reactions: SanCap
Will the Inspire TX Tray fit the Inspire 2 as well? I just received mine and is says Inspire 1 and I would like to confirm before I open the package in case I need to return. Hopefully the Inspire 1 and Inspire 2 controllers are the same size with the same configuration.

Thanks

I was told by a distributer who was told by the mfg (maybe something lost in the communication) that the Inspire 1 tray would not fit the Inspire 2 transmitter. I had previously used a Secraft tray on both the I1 and I2 so I purchased it. Here are some pics of the Secraft V1 tray on a Inspire 2 transmitter, with a focus wheel attached. It fits well!

IMG_0663.JPG IMG_0664.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0666.JPG
    IMG_0666.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
Reactions: The Editor
I was told by a distributer who was told by the mfg (maybe something lost in the communication) that the Inspire 1 tray would not fit the Inspire 2 transmitter. I had previously used a Secraft tray on both the I1 and I2 so I purchased it. Here are some pics of the Secraft V1 tray on a Inspire 2 transmitter, with a focus wheel attached. It fits well!

View attachment 12241 View attachment 12242

Thank you. I also have a question in to Secraft and will let you know how they respond.

The Seacraft Harness works great without the tray. Been using this with DJI controllers for almost 2 years this way. Recommended.

IMG_1099%202_zpsyqhcewom.jpg

IMG_1742_zpssgehmbne.jpg

The Seacraft Harness works great without the tray. Been using this with DJI controllers for almost 2 years this way. Recommended.

IMG_1099%202_zpsyqhcewom.jpg

IMG_1742_zpssgehmbne.jpg
Only if its the single harness (as in your picture). The dual harness is required for the tray since it has two attachment points.

When you order the Seacraft Harness, it comes with the converter (seen in pic) that converts the 2-attachment point (for the tray) to a single attachment point (for direct connection to the controller).

Somehow, I've collected 3 or 4 extra of those little rings + short clip pieces. Everytime I order a Seacraft harness, it comes with that extra bit. YMMV.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan