Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

has anyone seen the new prop locks for the inspire pro and?? (video)

Reaction score
can we get them for our inspires? they look like the locking mechanism is way more secure. not that i had any problems with my QR props i was just wondering if dji is offering them to buy or replace?

i use the original self tightening props without locks, they arent needed if you tighten them properly. 10 months of flying and zero prop issues.

Reactions: jon b
never taken my qr props out of the package so i cant comment on those much, ive heard a few people complain about them but most people seem to have no problems with them either. Quick Release and prop just doesnt sound like a good combination to me when you have $3000 in the air, haha

The fact that DJI came yet again with a new prop lock design tells me enough.
Glad I have the ST's. But these new locks at least appear to be better designed than the old QR's.

Makes me wonder how their next prop locking mechanism will look like. Guess we have to wait for a couple of months to find out.

Google translate from dutch to english...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh! Hz hz hhhhhhhhhhhhz Eeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh

I think it´s a caveman language.. :rolleyes:

The fact that DJI came yet again with a new prop lock design tells me enough.
Glad I have the ST's. But these new locks at least appear to be better designed than the old QR's.

Makes me wonder how their next prop locking mechanism will look like. Guess we have to wait for a couple of months to find out.
meh, they just wanna sell you more stuff, they dont want anything universal or able to be used with any other models. Theres really no reason why p2s, p3s, inspires and every other drone they sell should have a different battery. One battery could easily work in all platforms if they didnt wanna sell you multiple overpriced batteries for each model, lol

I actually had my I1 replaced a few days ago and despite not being a I1 Pro, the new one came with the new props release. Which is way quicker to operate and safer than the old one.

Last edited:
I actually had my I1 replaced a few days ago and despite not being a I1 Pro, the new one came with the new props release. Which is way quicker to operate and safer than the old one.
Just as I expected DJI to behave.
They change something that's pretty important to the basic safety of the craft without telling anyone, just like that. The 'old' QR's have some flaws they're not admitting?
Probably, I never trusted them for a bit.
Hastily adding: But that's just me ....

Reactions: Hercules_One
I started to order a set of the QR prop adapters and some carbon fiber props the other day, but held off. I've been flying with the ST props since day one and have had zero problems, so I agree with those who say if they are tightened properly, they work fine.

i use the original self tightening props without locks, they arent needed if you tighten them properly. 10 months of flying and zero prop issues.
Correct, I have only used theaded props. I snug them into place carefully and have never had an issue in the countless flights I've made

Last edited:
They change something that's pretty important to the basic safety of the craft without telling anyone, just like that. The 'old' QR's have some flaws they're not admitting?

I don't think there's any 'flaw' per se with the old quick releases, but rather these new ones are an improvement in ease and speed of installation. Like when Chevy comes out with a new V8, it doesn't mean the old one was bad, but maybe they found a way to eke out a few more horsepower in the new one.

I'm with you in that, they are not admitting the flaw and since this is a REALLY expensive machine (expensive camera) they are trying to avoid props off like the reported with the QR system. Now I wonder how secure this new system is, those moving plastic, there is no way they will loosen in flight?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla