Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Has the I1 been dumbed down?

Reaction score
As above, I brought the I1 in November luck enough to get the 1 of the first 12 in the UK batch, the "Prosumer" UAV is here, WOW, fantastic, still love flying her, spend little time flying the P2 now, but do to keep my hand in.

But now the I1 seems just a bit "dumbed down" a bit like the BBC, yes it's convenient in some ways, but really, come on DJI.

A year ago this and other forms were buzzing with latest in UAV tech, a step up from the P2, a semi-professional UAV, a "Prosumer" UAV, even operators with DJI 900/1000's were buying them for their ease of use, and out of the box capabilities and after many upgrades and 1yr later, all we get offered is an average camera upgrade for 4 times the price.

COME ON DJI!!! You can do better, others are catching up and clients are demanding more, we should be as well. :)

Wow, I am impressed with Yuneec! I might just cancel my order on the X5 and invest in a new system. thanks for sharing.

Wow, I am impressed with Yuneec! I might just cancel my order on the X5 and invest in a new system. thanks for sharing.
Yeah agree but hold onto your ££££, some tech data is missing specifically on camera specs, but I do like it. In the US you'll get a heads up and hands on before us in the UK I suspect.

I just ordered the X5. I really think I will put it on ice till I see all the specs on this. This just might be a game changer for DJI.

Plus - The osmo is now shipping as promised... thats another savings of $1000.... I am already up to $3200 in funds towards the Yuneec:)

the X3 is supposed to work on the OSMO, however the camera on the osmo does not work on the Inspire 1. duh? And the adapter for the X5 is still not available.. I have had DJI products for years but their Service is really really bad. They just dont get it!

the X3 is supposed to work on the OSMO, however the camera on the osmo does not work on the Inspire 1. duh? And the adapter for the X5 is still not available.. I have had DJI products for years but their Service is really really bad. They just dont get it!
You mean the plate to carry an X5? They are available right now. Just don't need one unless you intend to put the camera on it. The plate is so big, your original I1 won't fit in the original case. So, why bother, just get a Pro and either keep your X3 Inspire as a back-up or sell it to offset the new purchase.

It does, just not going to get the high frame rate of the included camera.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk