Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Having Problems recording with my Inspire 1 (in 4K)

Reaction score
As mentioned in the title i have problems recording with my inspire 1 in 4K.
I need to test in 1080p.
What i have as result is bad mov files. At leat 70% of all my recordings.
I'm using an nvideo shield android tablet.
What i have is sometimes the camera stops recording: I see the icon change from a rectangled red button (telling it is recording) to the normal unpressed red button without my pressing it to stop recording. sometimes it restarts after it stopped. Also sometimes it is almost impossible to stop the recording on the tablet. I will need to test if the button on the controller also stops recording if pressed (i have no idea). i will add some links to raw footage which is damaged ... why no idea. The small ones simply stopped recording without asking for it.
DJI_0008.MOV 68.7 MB MEGA
DJI_0006.MOV 68.9 MB MEGA
DJI_0007.MOV 378.4 MB MEGA
DJI_0002.MOV 766.9 MB MEGA
Also i'm using a 64Gb Micro SD card HC class 10 from Samsung. Can i do any better ?
Is it possible i have a issue with connecting the camera to the multicopter. The small contacts need to be cleaned or i need to do a small modification as mentionned here "Fixing Intermittent Drop Out of Video Signal"- Lynh Phan’s DJI Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Tips Compilation Vol. 2.
I hope someone has an idea ... because now my inspire is unusable for video recording (in 4K).
best regards
Marnix

Use the SD card that came with the Inspire.
If that works you have a duff card or one that cannot cope with the data rate (even though it may say it is rated to)

Use the SD card that came with the Inspire.
If that works you have a duff card or one that cannot cope with the data rate (even though it may say it is rated to)
I agree. Sounds like you are using a micro SD card that can't reliably keep up. Use at least a 633x card, like the supplied Lexar one.

I bought my inspire one second hand for 3/4 of the normal price and there was no Micro SD card included.

I now ordered a samsung Pro micro Sd card Read specs are read 90mb/s and write 80 mb/s speed. I hope this one wil works.

Marnix

Have you had any success? I'm having a similar problem, using iPad Mini 2. Occasionally it will look like it is still recording (on screen button looks pressed and is sort of greyed out), but the recording counter will have stopped. I still see live video feed from the camera (is this the same case for you, Marnix?

At least in my case, when this happens, I can't stop the record or change any record settings. I am using Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB w/ 90Mbps read/write (or very similar - I don't have it in front of me). I seem to be able to replicate the problem on the ground if there is front-to-back movement of the bird by gently shaking it. Strangely I don't lose live video feed, just the record. I need to do some more testing and see if I have the same issue with the original card, etc.

Anyone have other thoughts about this? How can I check that the gimbal is securely connecting to the bird? It's strange because it seems to still have live video signal regardless, so I often don't catch when the recording has frozen.

Thanks for any suggestions. Good luck getting yours back on track, Marnix!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD