Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HDMI Outputting to Live TV - Problem

Reaction score
Website
www.droneworks.org.nz
Did 3 successful test flights plugged in via HDMI & SDI convertor to a broadcast truck yesterday.

Now today there is an issue with the footage - hard to describe and it's not in the recorded footage to show you an example but I'll do my best....

It's a black bar, running length ways across the monitors in the truck. It appears about once a second about half way in the picture and moves downwards on the picture. It does not appear in the recorded footage or on my ipad or my black pearl monitor, when plugged in via HDMI to the controller.

Have tried numerous changes to my settings and both X3 and X5 but it remains. Supposed to be doing a live nationwide broadcast tomorrow so any help or suggestions are greatly welcomed.

TIA

Did 3 successful test flights plugged in via HDMI & SDI convertor to a broadcast truck yesterday.

Now today there is an issue with the footage - hard to describe and it's not in the recorded footage to show you an example but I'll do my best....

It's a black bar, running length ways across the monitors in the truck. It appears about once a second about half way in the picture and moves downwards on the picture. It does not appear in the recorded footage or on my ipad or my black pearl monitor, when plugged in via HDMI to the controller.

Have tried numerous changes to my settings and both X3 and X5 but it remains. Supposed to be doing a live nationwide broadcast tomorrow so any help or suggestions are greatly welcomed.

TIA
Interesting, I had a similar issue. A black bar (mine was transparent) that ran from midway down the frame every second. It was not as visible on the SD card but very visible on the iPad. Don't know if it was present on the HDMI feed (wasn't using it). I called DJI and described the issue and they had me send it back. They ended up replacing the camera.

Interesting, I had a similar issue. A black bar (mine was transparent) that ran from midway down the frame every second. It was not as visible on the SD card but very visible on the iPad. Don't know if it was present on the HDMI feed (wasn't using it). I called DJI and described the issue and they had me send it back. They ended up replacing the camera.
I use an Inspire as a cable cam over concert audiences and have encountered similar problems. I traced it to RF interference from another rig. Another possibility

TIA
I use an Inspire on a cable cam over concert audiences via Lightbridge and have had similar transmission problems. Often it can be traced to RF interference from someone else's equipment. Perhaps they were not on location when your initial test succeeded or later changed frequencies. A scope scanning the RF spectrum will reveal the neighborhood and possible interference. More likely, if your problem is consistent regardless of the location of the bird is a sync error between the frame rate of your receiver and the truck. A frame sync or Gefen Scaler will coordinate the scan rates. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour