Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HDR Bracketing?

Reaction score
I have taken some really nice HDR photos with my inspire, but had to manually bracket the shutter or the ISO. Is there a programmable auto bracket feature buried in the software?

Do you know how many stops it varies by?
In Auto Mode the exposures from a 5 shot bracket

F .. . SH ... EV ... ISO
2.8 1/6 +0.31 737
2.8 1/5 +0.97 876
2.8 1/13 -0.34 935
2.8 1/13 -1.0 593
2.8 1/13 -1.66 376

In Manual Mode the exposures from a 5 shot bracket

F .. . SH ... EV ... ISO
2.8 1/20 0.00 1600
2.8 1/30 -0.7 1600
2.8 1/13 +0.7 1600
2.8 1/50 -1.3 1600
2.8 1/8 +1.3 1600

this test was inside, so thats why the iso is so high

Last edited:
Reactions: crosby
Here is my first good Sunset HDR Bracket Example. I used Adobe Bridge to select the images in the HDR group, >Tools >Photoshop >Merge to HDR Pro. I use just Exposure/Gamma correction when going from 32 bit to 8 bit in photoshop and converted to sRGB for proper web color handling prior to saving as jpeg.

Here is a link to the 5 Shot bracket files from tonight, both the jpegs and DNGs straight from the Inspire Camera.
www.jamescolephoto.com/INSPIRE/InspireSunsetBracketExample.zip
153megs, 10 files

Processed 5 shot file with Photoshop Merge to HDR Pro
Tahoe test Hdr.jpgTahoe test single.jpg
This shot is a single frame from the bracket unprocessed, no HDR, just single exposure EV +1/3

Hi everyone, I am new to the inspire 1 and DJI not to mention to this forum.
nice pictures. I am still discovering the bird... great to be here :) do you live in heaven? this is a really nice place... where is it at ? (if I may ask)
rgds
Martin

Press and hold the shutter button in the pilot app. An auto bracket option and some other shooting modes will fly out from the button.

Edit:
Here's a screenshot I borrowed from another forum.
a7346094-250-aeb.jpg

My only complaint with the inspire so far is that the manual is a bit sparse where photography is concerned. It took me ages to find out how to take burst and time lapse shots. Eventually found out how to do it by searching on Youtube.

Hi everyone, I am new to the inspire 1 and DJI not to mention to this forum.
nice pictures. I am still discovering the bird... great to be here :) do you live in heaven? this is a really nice place... where is it at ? (if I may ask)
rgds
Martin
This is Kings Beach CA, Lake Tahoe

Thanks for the 'reveal.' It would be nice to put together a full-featured, menu-by-menu controls card(s) that one could quickly thumb through. Just one more job I have no time for. : )

Reactions: crosby and JRP
Dorian, that's an excellent idea...

This is a learning curve for everyone, and we can all share learnt knowledge of the app... Maybe on a sticky?!?

It is frustrating that there are so little instructions out there, so compiling our own would be fantastic.

The trick would be laying it out so that the sheets visually represented the layers of access in the UI.

One of the issues with iOS (and other) devices is that with limited screen space much of specific menu-legvel commands are hidden, and must be scrolled. This is why a well thought out/laid out set of sheets with all of the options succinctly displayed out would greatly aid memorization.

For example, it too me a while to dig down in the Camera controls to actually find the Roll +/- controls. I might start compiling information from each menu item and see what I turn up wei

The trick would be laying it out so that the sheets visually represented the layers of access in the UI.

One of the issues with iOS (and other) devices is that with limited screen space much of specific menu-legvel commands are hidden, and must be scrolled. This is why a well thought out/laid out set of sheets with all of the options succinctly displayed out would greatly aid memorization.

For example, it too me a while to dig down in the Camera controls to actually find the Roll +/- controls. I might start compiling information from each menu item and see what I turn up wei

Have you found any comprehensive sources for all this information. Like you, I don't have the time. I also don't have the expertise to be the source for this info. I know just enough to be dangerous.

Reactions: rosrob169
My only complaint with the inspire so far is that the manual is a bit sparse where photography is concerned. It took me ages to find out how to take burst and time lapse shots. Eventually found out how to do it by searching on Youtube.
Does this technique still work with new firmware. ?
I've tried it on a android doesn't do anything

It works on Ipad for sure. But does anyone know if you can vary the bracket EV (the amount each shot varies by from)? Defaults aren't enough in most situations

It works on Ipad for sure. But does anyone know if you can vary the bracket EV (the amount each shot varies by from)? Defaults aren't enough in most situations
Yeah, there is a way but........it's a looooong time since I investigated this.
So, you will need to experiment but basically....
If you shoot in auto you get 1/3 stop bracket difference with each exposure. (I can't remember the order I'm afraid) but the usual +/- up to 2/3 for a 5 bracket sequence.
If you switch to shutter priority (from memory) you will get 0.7 stop increment.
Again, sorry but you will need to experiment and pull the shots up in PhotoChop/Light room and take a look at the metadata.
It's the only way I know you can alter the increment.
Hope that helps (kind of)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido