Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Heads up: potential v1.0.3 iOS app issues

Bird was hoovering at around 9ft then within seconds it started yaring right of its own accord, a message appeared in red within pilot app, compass no calibrated
Again, nothing to do with the app. The app just shows you what the aircraft reports. It's a "passive" element.

No issues here.

Edit:

4-4-15

MC Error (memory card) on the day I updated the app. Formatted the MC via the pilot app and tested okay.

6-4-15
Went for another flight today. - 28 flights to date. (shou recording the whole time)
None of the following had ever occurred until this update.

3 batteries later and this is how it went down:

Weak RC Signal at 1 kilometer but no loss of control. (I thank god for my good eye sight!)
Battery Level Low Warning at 40% and it come up with the return to home in 10 seconds scenario even though I've set it at 10% Critical - 30% First Warning.
No Signal Warning (no video stream) a few times - reconnected a few seconds later.

Ipad Air 2 completely rebooted whilst flying on the first and third battery.

1 file totally corrupted and this was my furthest flight to this day - Thankfully shou was recording.

I uninstalled and re-installed the app when I got home. I'll test it again soon or maybe I'll wait for the FWU...

Why fix something that didn't need fixing. I can understand that the app will need some sort of tweaking once the new FWU is available but why release an app update way before the FWU has gone live? *slaps forehead*

Scary $hit!

Last edited:
Again, nothing to do with the app. The app just shows you what the aircraft reports. It's a "passive" element.

Could a sensitivity threshold have maybe changed perhaps? In addition to the camera weirdness, I got a lot of this yesterday also -- specifically, if I set the aircraft on my "usual" launch spot (a section of concrete pad, with I'm sure rebar below) I'd start getting compass calibration errors; I had to move off the concrete to launch, whereas I'd never had problems with the other spot before.

(and yes, I did recalibrate a couple of times before I figured out the location was apparently the problem)

Such a threshold should be set in the firmware.

Remember you can fly without the app or any smart device connected at all. Anything related to flight, control and video is done in the aircraft and radio firmware, the app is just a user interface.

You might have calibrated 50cm further than usual and have either more or less disturbance from whatever's around..

Unless the guy was manually setting a channel outside of the legal band before, the app update would have nothing to do with it. RF environments can and will change from a day to another, people need to start understanding that.

He said all available bands in v1.0.3 were marked red. That implies the auto selection prior to v1.0.3 update was indeed using the higher bands previously as they were free from interference but now he's restricted to using dirty channels, hence the dramatically reduced range.

I'm not sure how you can draw the conclusion this has nothing to do with v1.0.3 update. It's a very clear indictment of the restricted channel change in v1.0.3.

If you fly in areas with heavy RF usage there is now a much greater chance your range will be limited beyond what it would have been had the additional channels been available for use in auto mode.

That implies the auto selection prior to v1.0.3 update was indeed using the higher bands previously as they were free from interference but now he's restricted to using dirty channels, hence the dramatically reduced range.
But again auto mode never used the higher/lower channels, you could only use them when setting the channel manually.

So as I said unless he was choosing channels manually before it's unlikely to be related to the update.
His RF environment might be worse today than it usually is.

Or maybe they've just changed/botched the display of the bars and it's always red (actually they were all red when I flew today, and it's in the middle of nowhere) and he suffered placebo effect...

Both my own observation and reports from other people on various forums. Oh and the fact that the app would warn you when switching to manual mode that you were giving yourself access to channels that may not be legal for use and you should check before using them, which makes it quite clear that it would not use them on its own.

flew 4 full batterires with new app version. it fixed my controller icon jumping around the map, and my mp4/ntsc settings stayed, and continuous file numbering is there. my controller icon is more accurate now. no problems here, just fixed things.
fb tends to get very dramatic fast imo.

actually i didnt get any gps dropsdrops iether, maybe coincidence, more testing needed...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilrah
Went through 3 TB48's and a TB47. No issues at all, no compass drop.

On that same note, PAL/NTSC mode always reverts to PAL, and reset/continuous mode always reverts to reset - still.

Last edited:
Went through 3 TB48's and a TB47. No issues at all, no compass drop.

On that same note, PAL/NTSC mode always reverts to PAL, and reset/continuous mode always reverts to reset - still.

You guys are in direct contradiction to each other on the NTSC/PAL settings staying put. :)

I for one am pretty happy on v1.0.2.

Until there is a compelling reason to upgrade I'm good.

Last edited:
He's asking about the app, not the firmware. And this is a thread about the app in the first place.

You can't go backwards with the firmware. Done is done.

Right and if I was asking about firmware, you'd be correct.

Unfortunately, the laptop I have the 1.02 ipa back up on suffered a hard drive crash but I had not backed it up yet. Anyway, surely someone else has a copy out there...

And no, it's not a big deal as at some point, you'd have to update the app but I did want to do some testing.

Right and if I was asking about firmware, you'd be correct.

Unfortunately, the laptop I have the 1.02 ipa back up on suffered a hard drive crash but I had not backed it up yet. Anyway, surely someone else has a copy out there...

And no, it's not a big deal as at some point, you'd have to update the app but I did want to do some testing.

Have you checked on the http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=61&lang=en ? Someone there might have a copy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk