Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HealthyDrones insane pricing plans

I don't have or claim to have a right to it -- farthest from the truth! While the range of metrics it offers is still pretty limited there are some things, particularly with the top plan, that I'd like to have been am unwilling to pay out the *** for it. It's that simple!

Brian
Not sure what all of the controversy is here, but I'm with you, Brian- I liked this service, but not at the current price. There are great features (I do have Flytrex too), but there is lot enough value to go in at such a high monthly rate IMO.

Had it been more competitively priced, I would have been a subscriber.

Reactions: ted35
Well I paid for premium membership. The Report is very useful and for anyone trying to get Transport Canada approval (or your countries equivalent) and comply with your Liability Ins. requirements, this report is necessary. The Report compilation is almost totally automated, compiles inputs from the Inspire 1 Pro and Autopilot and requires very little tweaking. I've taken a one year premium subscription and hope it will encourage Healthy Drones to continue development. Its a small contribution compared to the money and time I've invested in my aerial business.
But I agree with Brian on the annoying habit of organizations like Adobe. I very reluctantly contribute to CC but am looking for alternatives.

Well I paid for premium membership. The Report is very useful and for anyone trying to get Transport Canada approval (or your countries equivalent) and comply with your Liability Ins. requirements, this report is necessary. The Report compilation is almost totally automated, compiles inputs from the Inspire 1 Pro and Autopilot and requires very little tweaking. I've taken a one year premium subscription and hope it will encourage Healthy Drones to continue development. Its a small contribution compared to the money and time I've invested in my aerial business.
But I agree with Brian on the annoying habit of organizations like Adobe. I very reluctantly contribute to CC but am looking for alternatives.

That's interesting -- I'm in Canada too, and haven't been asked by my insurer for anything more detailed beyond SFOC info, and they've only wanted that info once. Is your insurer well versed in UAV operations?

I agree that Healthy Drones promises a lot of useful info, but so far I've been able to track the most useful stuff in my pilot's logbook (which I handwrite) and by constantly monitoring battery health and cycles.

Reactions: The Editor
That's interesting -- I'm in Canada too, and haven't been asked by my insurer for anything more detailed beyond SFOC info, and they've only wanted that info once. Is your insurer well versed in UAV operations?

I agree that Healthy Drones promises a lot of useful info, but so far I've been able to track the most useful stuff in my pilot's logbook (which I handwrite) and by constantly monitoring battery health and cycles.
You are required to keep detailed flight logs just like an airplane pilot, technical and maintence logs. This is time consuming if you're up & on the deck 10 or twenty times or more in a day. And I assume yr insurance states that u must be in full compliance with TC rules. A tough call but as a pilot, I err on the safe side. What city are u in? I'm in Montreal.

I have to say I have never known an insurer require a logbook (nor have they ever asked to see it or evidence of it, nor is it a requirement in my policy).
What IS a requirement is that all my flights are in accordance with the laws and regulations within the geographic location the flight takes place. If an occurrence happens an insurance company is only interested that the flight was undertaken in accordance with your permissions granted by the relevant aviation authority.
Aviation authorities are only interested in safety.
Insurance companies are only interested in avoiding paying claims. :p.

I actually find this thread quite interesting. Whilst (un)HealthyDrones maybe (possibly) a useful tool post incident (assuming you have access to the flight logs).
I fail to see its value on an ongoing basis and I can't help but feel with the level of telemetry that is available to the RC pilot nowadays if it has any day to day value.
You could easily spend more time fretting and analysing your Healthydrones log after every flight and then come to rely on it as a Bible rather than paying attention to how your aircraft 'feels' and is actually flying to alert you of any potential problem.

Reactions: damoncooper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips