Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Heliports are everywhere...

Reaction score
So I went to go flying yesterday and went to a place I'd pre-checked to be OK, but when I got there I discovered that there were some additional heliports and that the area I wanted to fly was bounded on two sides by 5 mile exclusion zones around the two heliports. If I was very careful I could launch in between them, but since the circles were only a hundred feet or so apart it made little sense to even try.

The interesting thing is that one of these heliports appears to have been added very recently and is listed as (Bear River Valley Hospital, ID: 79UT with lat/lon of 40.708, -112.183). I plug those coordinates into Google Earth and it is about a mile from the closest structure and in the middle of some rugged terrain on the side of a mountain. So, I do a Google Search on "Bear River Valley Hospital" and find it's in Trementon Utah, about 70 miles north of the location listed in B4UFLY.

So, I'm precluded from flying in an area because a heliport that doesn't exist is listed in an area 70 miles from where it should be located. There is no phone number listed for this heliport so whom do I call?

Brian

Last edited:
So I went to go flying yesterday and went to a place I'd pre-checked to be OK, but when I got there I discovered that there were some additional heliports and that the area I wanted to fly was bounded on two sides by 5 mile exclusion zones around the two heliports. If I was very careful I could launch in between them, but since the circles were only a hundred feet or so apart it made little sense to even try.

The interesting thing is that one of these heliports appears to have been added very recently and is listed as (Bear River Valley Hospital, ID: 79UT with lat/lon of 40.708, -112.183). I plug those coordinates into Google Earth and it is about a mile from the closest structure and in the middle of some rugged terrain on the side of a mountain. So, I do a Google Search on "Bear River Valley Hospital" and find it's in Trementon Utah, about 70 miles north of the location listed in B4UFLY.

So, I'm precluded from flying in an area because a heliport that doesn't exist is listed in an area 70 miles from where it should be located. There is no phone number listed for this heliport so whom do I call?

Brian
Email the problem to [email protected]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide