Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello All from the coast of Georgia, USA

Reaction score
Hobbyist. Flew RC airplanes in the 70's and 80's a bit. The Inspire is my first "real" quad after catching the bug with toys.

Very interested in mapping and surveying as well as the usual photography with my bird. I mainly fly the coastal areas of Georgia and over rural inland property. Pondering the commercial route when Part 107 hits.

Flying helicopters commercially for a living. Fixed wing as well.
Married, father of two. Growing trees on the farm and working fulltime on an MS degree in Unmanned Aerial Systems.

Reactions: eldorado and Mazz
Hobbyist. Flew RC airplanes in the 70's and 80's a bit. The Inspire is my first "real" quad after catching the bug with toys.

Very interested in mapping and surveying as well as the usual photography with my bird. I mainly fly the coastal areas of Georgia and over rural inland property. Pondering the commercial route when Part 107 hits.

Married, father of two. Growing trees on the farm and working fulltime on an MS degree in Unmanned Aerial Systems.
To fly a helicopter for a living is like a dream job. Welcome to the site.

To fly a helicopter for a living is like a dream job. Welcome to the site.
Thanks Mazz/huppe!
It is a great job. It can be quite busy at times (like the last three weeks up until today), but is lots of fun when the flying is good. Really like flying my Inspire-lots of parallels and I treat it the same.

Sounds good. Mapping and surveying too? Look forward to hearing more... Cheers
Mark
Thanks Mark. Looking to do some on Sunday if the wind doesn't kick up too much.

Update:
Did my map mission today as the weather was better than expected and tomorrow will be worse.

44 acres / 12 minute flight @ 240' AGL.
Flew the latest MME software on FW 1.6 with a mini Ipad4
Perfect flight from auto takeoff to manual landing from a high hover over the takeoff point when complete. All I did was walk around to maintain VLOS and keep the RC positioned correctly until it finished at the high hover.

Will upload tomorrow for processing.

Last edited:
Reactions: eldorado

Welcome, it's great to have you.

I've been down flying in your area as we have property near Waycross. I probably won't be down again until late Summer but perhaps we meet up and chat about flying around there and some of the post processing? I'm a geographer so I have been doing a lot of research work with my bird lately. Just got back from work out Great Salt Lake yesterday. I am married with 4, but the older two have moved on (sorta).

I've been down flying in your area as we have property near Waycross. I probably won't be down again until late Summer but perhaps we meet up and chat about flying around there and some of the post processing? I'm a geographer so I have been doing a lot of research work with my bird lately. Just got back from work out Great Salt Lake yesterday. I am married with 4, but the older two have moved on (sorta).
Sounds good Michael,
Shoot me a PM when you're in the area. Sounds like you do some interesting work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk