Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from California, need some advice

Reaction score
Hello Inspire pilots,
I'm new here, and I'm from Southern California. I need some advice. I fly an inspire 2 with an x5s camera and 15mm (30mm) lens, and I want to upgrade to a X7. I found a guy selling a X7 ($900) and 16mm lens ($600) which is a real bargain. He knows that I'm scraping the barrel to get the money. We were supposed to meet on Sunday and test the equipment on his I2. He had to cancel and said we could meet on Monday. I didn't answer right away and he dropped the price $100. So we will meet Monday. The price $1400 seems too good to be true.

In addition to attaching the camera and lens to the I2, and taking a picture with my card, is there anything else I should be checking for? I will also look with a flashlight to see if there is mold. What about the X7's that shift blue. How do I check for that? Any info would be greatly appreciated. And thank you all!

Fina

Hello Inspire pilots,
I'm new here, and I'm from Southern California. I need some advice. I fly an inspire 2 with an x5s camera and 15mm (30mm) lens, and I want to upgrade to a X7. I found a guy selling a X7 ($900) and 16mm lens ($600) which is a real bargain. He knows that I'm scraping the barrel to get the money. We were supposed to meet on Sunday and test the equipment on his I2. He had to cancel and said we could meet on Monday. I didn't answer right away and he dropped the price $100. So we will meet Monday. The price $1400 seems too good to be true.

In addition to attaching the camera and lens to the I2, and taking a picture with my card, is there anything else I should be checking for? I will also look with a flashlight to see if there is mold. What about the X7's that shift blue. How do I check for that? Any info would be greatly appreciated. And thank you all!

Fina
I would want to see it shoot at least a couple minutes of RAW video....while airborne.

D

test the equipment on his I2.
If it were me I'd test the X7 on my I2, not his. Sure, if it works on his, it should work on yours too. But I always prefer direct tests when possible. I'd also suggest that you think long and hard about whether you really need to upgrade to the X7 at this point in the I2's life. My aging I2 sits idle most of the time now that I have a Mavic 3 Pro Cine (which meets almost all of my needs and has so many advantages over the I2). I keep the I2 because I have one customer who still wants me to shoot CinemaDNG format. But even that customer is happy with the IQ from the X5S. Oh, sounds like you are using the DJI 15mm kit lens with your X5S. You might be better served by just getting the Olympus 12mm. You can search the forum for old posts about the IQ of that lens vs the 15mm. Good luck!

If it were me I'd test the X7 on my I2, not his. Sure, if it works on his, it should work on yours too. But I always prefer direct tests when possible. I'd also suggest that you think long and hard about whether you really need to upgrade to the X7 at this point in the I2's life. My aging I2 sits idle most of the time now that I have a Mavic 3 Pro Cine (which meets almost all of my needs and has so many advantages over the I2). I keep the I2 because I have one customer who still wants me to shoot CinemaDNG format. But even that customer is happy with the IQ from the X5S. Oh, sounds like you are using the DJI 15mm kit lens with your X5S. You might be better served by just getting the Olympus 12mm. You can search the forum for old posts about the IQ of that lens vs the 15mm. Good luck!
That is a good idea to test on my I2. My interest at this point is night shooting. I have looked at the Mavic 3, and I think the I2 with cinemaDNG still beats it. Lot's of competition here in Orange County California. Everyone else is shooting with a Mavic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu