Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from Newcastle Australia

Reaction score
G'day all just joined the the Inspire ranks and can't wait to get in the air,anybody out there from nearby that would like to get together for a fly let me know.

Batteries have just arrived two TB48s,the original was a dud so I'm waiting on it to be replaced under warranty,I can feel it biting now lol.

Yes finally,after a long week of waiting for batteries,micro sd reader,firmware upgrades,weather & then time to fly I put it up yesterday for 40minutes of fly time.
Everything went well nothing like messing around with my old nitro beasts,I wish they had these things when I first started it really was awesome to fly.
Now I'm ready to get my head around taking some quality pics & movies.Im need to purchase some filters any suggestions/recommendations?

Personally, I think Polar Pro are over rated and over priced. I use Neewers. May main reason was weight. (I have the X5 and weight really matters.) Less of a factor on the X3.
I have an Inspire 1 V2.0, Zenmuse X5 camera with the stock DJI 15mm MFT f/1.7 ASPH Prime lens.
Of course, it came without filters. So, in shopping around here's an interesting aspect.
The X5 manual gives no specification, but the Inspire 1 Pro manual does.
"Filters must have a weight of 7-11g with those weighing 10-11g performing the best"

So, I was looking at Polar Pro and Neewer. I went with the Neewers because of the weight, and I am glad I did.
I have the UV (10g) on the camera and it is balanced perfectly. I am sure that 4g less would not be balanced, making the camera 'Back heavy'.
($48.06 less also.) I never let price alone dictate buying decisions. (If that were true would I own an Inspire Pro?!!!)

Polar Pro:
UV Filter: (6 grams)
CP Filter: (7.65 grams)
ND8 Filter: (6 grams)
$99.99 set / 3 with case

Neewer:
UV Filter Weight: 10g
CPL Filter Weight: 10.5g
ND16 Filter Weight: 10g
ND2-400 Filter Weight: 11g
$51.93 set / 4 with wallet

Thought I would pass this along.
Also, the ND2-400 is awesome!! Very cool.

Reactions: MadMat and go fast
G'day all just joined the the Inspire ranks and can't wait to get in the air,anybody out there from nearby that would like to get together for a fly let me know.
Welcome and enjoy your flying.

Sorry I'm not close enough to join you otherwise I would. I'm in Olinda Victoria, but I've had my Inspire One pretty much from when it was first released. I have had many hours of fun flying and taking great aerial videos with the X3 and X5 Gimbals. I am now looking to moving up to the Matrice 600 with Ronin MX Gimbal at the end of the year, but I still get great enjoyment flying the Inspire One and on lookers always have the amazed look on their faces as the Inspire One does it's Transformer trick with the raising and lowering of the landing gear.

Reactions: MadMat
Hi Mad Matt I'm also in Newcastle Australia & have full CASA licence & insurance if your interested in some procedure tips happy to help out & g for a fly.

Welcome and enjoy your flying.

Sorry I'm not close enough to join you otherwise I would. I'm in Olinda Victoria, but I've had my Inspire One pretty much from when it was first released. I have had many hours of fun flying and taking great aerial videos with the X3 and X5 Gimbals. I am now looking to moving up to the Matrice 600 with Ronin MX Gimbal at the end of the year, but I still get great enjoyment flying the Inspire One and on lookers always have the amazed look on their faces as the Inspire One does it's Transformer trick with the raising and lowering of the landing gear.
If I'm ever down your way I'll be sure to let you know

All over Australia I have a few UAV's & use them for TV shows & commercials etc. if you need I have all the safe practice & procedures written out that help me fly every time without any incidents which ends up with me having much more fun with less stress. Happy to meet & have a fly.

All over Australia I have a few UAV's & use them for TV shows & commercials etc. if you need I have all the safe practice & procedures written out that help me fly every time without any incidents which ends up with me having much more fun with less stress. Happy to meet & have a fly.
That sounds fantastic I would really appreciate some help from a pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop