Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from Somerset, England

Reaction score
Hello, hopfully my first Inspire should arrive tommorow!

I am upgrading from a Phantom 3 so i have a lot of learning to do!

Reactions: Dariusz
Hello, hopfully my first Inspire should arrive tommorow!

I am upgrading from a Phantom 3 so i have a lot of learning to do!
Welcome to the club - you will love the Inspire and your poor P3 will sit there all neglected and gather dust after you have flown your new aircraft. :p

WELCOME ABOARD!!!!
I started with the Phantom 3 and moved up to the Inspire and haven't looked back once. Inspire is far better. Stronger, more stable, better camera.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was out flying one evening and ran into a sudden storm.
I was enjoying videoing lightning and saw the storm coming. There were a few dark clouds off to the south and wind speed was 5mph with 7-8 mph gusts.
I was just about to land the bird and not push my luck waiting for the first raindrop.
Then IT hit.
IT was sudden sustained wind of 34-45 mph. (16 - 20 m/s)
Not gusts, sustained wind.
I was about 30 meters up at the time and it seemed like I would never make it back to the ground.
I pointed her into the wind, and at one point I see that I had to exert 85% forward stick just to hold position.
The flight log shows several times in the last 3 minutes of the flight where I had to do this. Also plenty of down stick to decrease elevation.
The wind kept pushing her up.
Those 3 minutes seemed like 30!!
I was pretty sure / worried that this was going to end badly. Either the wind would suddenly stop and the bird flip over, or when landing, sudden change resulting in a crash.
Well, I made it!!
I managed to set her down without mishap. 28% remaining battery. Set her down as gentle as an egg!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am VERY impressed with the Inspires' ability to resist wind. VERY!
Also proud that I kept my cool and didn't panic and do some dumb $#!##.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 minutes after I loaded it and left the field it started raining violently. The kind of rain that you can barely drive in even with wipers on high speed.
This was one of those storms that come out of nowhere and took about 5 minutes to go from a few dark clouds to...... "The sky is falling!!!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool