Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello!

Reaction score
Hello there.

I'm very new to this forum so just saying hi and its greatl to find such a specific forum and well laid out.

we've just bought a Inspire for our estate agency and plan to take license in Jan 2016 so we're all legit and safe etc. I been out a few times now and I must say we're overwhelmed with the inspire and how easy it is to fly. I used to build helicopters in my teens but we didn't have anything like this with these cameras. amazing quality pictures considering the rig and once you processed it through Photoshop!- this is my first pic : Belmont.jpg

We want to get the drone insured one we're licensed of course, so I was wondering if there are any type of insurance companies which will insure the drone separately until we have our badge?

Thanks in advance!

Hello there.

I'm very new to this forum so just saying hi and its greatl to find such a specific forum and well laid out.

we've just bought a Inspire for our estate agency and plan to take license in Jan 2016 so we're all legit and safe etc. I been out a few times now and I must say we're overwhelmed with the inspire and how easy it is to fly. I used to build helicopters in my teens but we didn't have anything like this with these cameras. amazing quality pictures considering the rig and once you processed it through Photoshop!- this is my first pic : View attachment 4810

We want to get the drone insured one we're licensed of course, so I was wondering if there are any type of insurance companies which will insure the drone separately until we have our badge?

Thanks in advance!
Hi and welcome to the forum.
You will not be able to get commercial insurance (third party liability or aircraft cover) until you have your PFAW (Insurers will ask to see evidence of your CAA authorisation)
However, there are hobby insurances around.
FPV.org is one
And the BFMA offer another.
Be aware though most of the offerings are third party liability only so if you crash you will have to replace the Inspire yourself.
Once you get CAA authorisation you will be able to cover crash damage to the aircraft as well as third party liability.
Oh - and insurance is mandatory for commercial operation and the CAA have to see proof of cover before issuing PFAW.

Hi there and welcome to the forum and what will become an obsession for you. The Inspire is a pretty amazing piece of gear which can capture incredible footage.

I'd advise you to really dig around this forum if you are new to flying this kind of craft. There is a lot of knowledge learned the hard way (damage and loss of craft) that you can avoid by boning-up on the basics.

Fly Safe, have fun and show us your good stuff soon!

Thats awesome thanks chaps. I think I'll just wait until my license is under my belt and move to commercial insurance. Just better not crash in the interim!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk