Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Help! Bought two new DJI TB48 batteries....

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by 304HighDrone, Jun 16, 2016.

1. 304HighDrone

Just received two brand new TB48 batteries for my Inspire 1 Pro from Adorama. Neither batter will power up. With or without the charger connected. Both have no power. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

This has been covered many times before.
    Do a search on the forum and you will find the answers.
    Basically:
    Bad firmware causes the batteries to over discharge during hibernation state.

Two options:
    • Send them back to the dealer for replacement (preferred option)
    • Pop the lid of the battery, disconnect the logic board and using a good quality Lipo charger, see if the cells can be coaxed back to life.

3. Aviator

Try turning the battery on whilst the charger is connected

4. Steve Domigan

On this subject, one of my batteries is similar. I managed to bring back up to full voltage with a good charger, would turn on battery and bird, but because % showed 0 it wouldn't spin up the props.
    Did a full discharge with battery charger, discharged 4000ma and charged back up again but still 0 % charge.....all cells showed at around 4.18 v, I have had balance plug disconnected overnight but still won't alter the % charged. Any ideas?

5. gabez

If you send them back, your going to have a hard time getting more. DJI recalled all batteries. I'm still waiting to receive a couple of TB48's.

6. arcaine25

I just experienced this with a brand new Inspire 1 V 2.0 I received yesterday. The included TB47 battery was dead (just as an FYI, the package had a revision B controller, and bird firmware was 1.4, so it was obviously older). I had the same experience with a Phantom 4 battery I bought directly from DJI a month ago. So the cause is bad firmware? Makes sense, and I am sure that is why that firmware addressed the over discharge after 90 days thing or whatever it was. Good to know. I had to contact DJI as I wasn't about to send my Inspire package back to the dealer.