Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HELP!! Charging battery issue

Reaction score
I have two TB47s and two TB48s. For some reason I'm unable to top up the charge on both my TB47s. They're both sitting at about 80% charge, due to removing them before finishing their charge earlier today. When I put either of them back on the DJI charger (not the multi hub as haven't got one), nothing happens. No LED lights come on to say they're charging. I can push the button on both to get the battery level and they'll have three LEDs on with the fourth flashing (indicating level 75-87.5%). But when I plug in the charger connector nothing happens. Why is this happening? It's not the charger as it works fine on the other batteries. I get same problem with car charger. I'm really confused.

I have two TB47s and two TB48s. For some reason I'm unable to top up the charge on both my TB47s. They're both sitting at about 80% charge, due to removing them before finishing their charge earlier today. When I put either of them back on the DJI charger (not the multi hub as haven't got one), nothing happens. No LED lights come on to say they're charging. I can push the button on both to get the battery level and they'll have three LEDs on with the fourth flashing (indicating level 75-87.5%). But when I plug in the charger connector nothing happens. Why is this happening? It's not the charger as it works fine on the other batteries. I get same problem with car charger. I'm really confused.
Switch the battery on before connecting to the charger and they should top off fine.

Switch the battery on before connecting to the charger and they should top off fine.

Sorry to appear a bit dim but when you say switch the battery on before connecting to the charger, do you just mean put it into the aircraft and turn it on? Then turn off, remove from aircraft and put into charger? If that's the case I've already done that and it makes no difference...

Sorry one more quick question regarding that...why is turning it on before connecting required in that instance? Am interested to know as obviously usually when you've got a low level battery you just plug it in and it starts charging.

Sorry one more quick question regarding that...why is turning it on before connecting required in that instance? Am interested to know as obviously usually when you've got a low level battery you just plug it in and it starts charging.
If the battery is anywhere near 95% charged (or in your case slightly lower) it requires the battery to be turned on first before it will accept a 'top-off' charge.
It's documented in the manual. :)

If the battery is anywhere near 95% charged (or in your case slightly lower) it requires the battery to be turned on first before it will accept a 'top-off' charge.
It's documented in the manual. :)

Yes I did see that but as my battery level was 79% (I checked through DJI GO app), so not really near the listed 95%, I guess I overlooked it... It does seem rather strange that it did it at 79% [emoji848]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD