Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help deciding which Inspire

Reaction score
Dear all,

I have been flying my Phantom 3 for 18 months and have been posting pictures / video online, with doing this business opportunities have arisen so i am sitting my theory exam & flight assessment this week with a view to obtaining my PFAW in the next 3 months.

I have decided to go all in and upgrade my equipment along with forming a company ready to take orders by March 2017.

So, boring stuff out of the way, i am obviously looking to upgrade my Phantom 3 (Adv) and i think i'm set on the Inspire but i'm not sure exactly which one to go for. To start with we will mostly be doing photo & film so am i right to assume that the X5 is better than the X3? I have been reading about the X5R also, is it worth the extra £? I understand that the raw file needs processing & I have done relatively low-level movie editing but will be purchasing Premier Pro for this, is the end result of the colour graded, edited 4k much better than what the standard X5 produces?

We really want to make sure that we invest in the right platform, i'm aware that the Inspire 2 could be round the corner and i have ruled out the Matrice & S1000/900 as i want something portable(ish).

Would you wait until a possible Inspire 2 release or go with one of the current crop, if so which one would you get if you had the choice?

Thanks!

Dear all,

I have been flying my Phantom 3 for 18 months and have been posting pictures / video online, with doing this business opportunities have arisen so i am sitting my theory exam & flight assessment this week with a view to obtaining my PFAW in the next 3 months.

I have decided to go all in and upgrade my equipment along with forming a company ready to take orders by March 2017.

So, boring stuff out of the way, i am obviously looking to upgrade my Phantom 3 (Adv) and i think i'm set on the Inspire but i'm not sure exactly which one to go for. To start with we will mostly be doing photo & film so am i right to assume that the X5 is better than the X3? I have been reading about the X5R also, is it worth the extra £? I understand that the raw file needs processing & I have done relatively low-level movie editing but will be purchasing Premier Pro for this, is the end result of the colour graded, edited 4k much better than what the standard X5 produces?

We really want to make sure that we invest in the right platform, i'm aware that the Inspire 2 could be round the corner and i have ruled out the Matrice & S1000/900 as i want something portable(ish).

Would you wait until a possible Inspire 2 release or go with one of the current crop, if so which one would you get if you had the choice?

Thanks!
Inspire 2 will be announced very shortly and released on November 8th.

Thanks for the reply.

I have been told that they won't be releasing anything before Christmas by an authorised DJI dealer, saying that they probably just want the sale!

Thanks for the reply.

I have been told that they won't be releasing anything before Christmas by an authorised DJI dealer, saying that they probably just want the sale!
I am afraid that dealer is either telling you a load of twaddle or (more likely) has not been informed when the release will be.

Dear all,

Thanks!
The X3 is virtually the same as the camera on the Phantom, so rule that out. I started with the X3 after moving up from Phantom 3 Pro and was quick to upgrade to the X5 (Wish I had skipped the X3!) as I was disappointed in lack of focus and F stop. Unless you are willing to spend a lot of time editing, I think the X5 will suit your needs. I cannot speak on the X5R as I haven't used one, but I get excellent results with the X5.
My $.02 ....

Dear all,

Thanks!
You'll never win the race with technology progress ... By the time you notice new product, do all research and start considering the purchase, next improved model is already in development or even stocked. Bottom line: unless you're not involved in Hollywood style production, X5 platform will suit you well and on professional level for years to come. Wait for significant price drop before Inspire 2 release, though ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk