Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help needed connecting new remote to aircraft

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the forum and have a question for more practiced hands.

Old remote my inspire 1 went bad, usb port was the culprit. Craft was purchased in February of 2015, have never updated the firmware. I have used it pretty infrequently since purchased, with no issues at all. I went several months this year without flying, and tried to get it out last week and discovered the remote issue.

Long story short, I am now in the possession of a new remote (which connects to my device like normal) which is using the firmware v1.4.7. It will not connect to my craft as I expected due to the different software, and now I'm needing some help on where to begin. I have tried pulling v1.3.00 off the site and following the instructions to a T, but the craft does not begin its update. Is there an earlier firmware update I need to install first? I assume they all needed to be done in proper succession.

Edit to add: Would it be possible to downgrade my rc firmware far enough to be able to connect to the craft?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Jace

Last edited:
Is your Inspire 1 out of travel mode for some reason it has to be out of travel mode to do the update. I had a problem once when I updated my controller first while the Inspire was in travel mode.
My memory is short but I believe without connecting the controller to aircraft I couldn't download an earlier firmware into the controller. I actually ended up linking my controller up to my phantome 3 aircraft then was able to downgrade the firmware to an earlier date.
Did you try calling DJI support.

Last edited:
Is your Inspire 1 out of travel mode for some reason it has to be out of travel mode to do the update. I had a problem once when I updated my controller first while the Inspire was in travel mode.
My memory is short but I believe without connecting the controller to aircraft I couldn't download an earlier firmware into the controller. I actually ended up linking my controller up to my phantome 3 aircraft then was able to downgrade the firmware to an earlier date.
Did you try calling DJI support.

Thank you for the response! Ended up trying 4 different brands of SD cards for the update and one of them worked. All good now.

Reactions: Richard in ky
Thank you for the response! Ended up trying 4 different brands of SD cards for the update and one of them worked. All good now.
Glad you have it sorted now but......you could have just replaced your USB module on your old remote very cheaply.
It is a spare part that is readily available and takes 5 minutes.

Reactions: Richard in ky

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide