Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HELP with Inspire 1 GPS PLEASE

Reaction score
Need a BIG favor gang. Would someone please post a close up pic showing the Inspire 1 GPS wire and plug where it goes into the antennae? I was attempting to remove the upper canopy and the wires separated from the plug so I need the color arrangement/orientation. Even a list of left to right wire colors as viewed from top would work. I am grounded without the GPS plug wired in. I am getting an unknown error contact tech support and it wont start of course. Thanks in advance for someone doing this. I had FAA permission to fly a video mission directly next to our international airport but the Foil and Gold Tape Hat method did not work so I tried unplugging the GPS but it will not start now with the GPS unplugged...ARGHHHH! Murphy strikes again! I gotta get my Inspire in the air to do more work I have booked so please give me an early Christmas present...Thanks again!!!

Need a BIG favor gang. Would someone please post a close up pic showing the Inspire 1 GPS wire and plug where it goes into the antennae? I was attempting to remove the upper canopy and the wires separated from the plug so I need the color arrangement/orientation. Even a list of left to right wire colors as viewed from top would work. I am grounded without the GPS plug wired in. I am getting an unknown error contact tech support and it wont start of course. Thanks in advance for someone doing this. I had FAA permission to fly a video mission directly next to our international airport but the Foil and Gold Tape Hat method did not work so I tried unplugging the GPS but it will not start now with the GPS unplugged...ARGHHHH! Murphy strikes again! I gotta get my Inspire in the air to do more work I have booked so please give me an early Christmas present...Thanks again!!!
Try installing The GPS module upside down. I have never tried it, but since you have the top body off, why not? The plug for the GPS is located on top of the Light Bridge just behind and below the fan. It is very difficult to plug it in and you will have to use very long mini tweezers to stretch the lead as far as possible with out damaging the GPS cable.. Good luck!

Try installing The GPS module upside down. I have never tried it, but since you have the top body off, why not? The plug for the GPS is located on top of the Light Bridge just behind and below the fan. It is very difficult to plug it in and you will have to use very long mini tweezers to stretch the lead as far as possible with out damaging the GPS cable.. Good luck!

Thanks for the idea but my issue is the cable is already damaged and pulled from the plug so I need help with the color code of the wiring to put them all back into the plug.

I tried NUMEROUS attempts so far to place the wires in the correct receptacles on the GPS Plug at the antennae (Thanks to Hani who sent me the photo of the correct orientation) but even with hot glue/super glue, when reassembling the canopy top I always have a minimum of 1 wire pull out due to the shortness of the cable and how tight it get when attempting to place the top canopy back on with the GPS plugged in. My next attempt will be to cut all the wires and solder on an additional 2-3inches of wire to give me slack enough to do this. I have a lot of video jobs weekly so I had to buy a second Inspire to keep those going. When I solve this dilemma with my original one, I will at least have flying spare hopefully if ever needed. Anyone else had this issue or solved this short cable issue,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds