Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hi Everyone from the UK

Reaction score
Hi
I have been flying my Phantom FC40 for approx 16 months now and last week I passed my Flight Assessment with Resource Group and am now busy compiling my Operations Manual for submission to the UK CAA for my PFAW.
I take delivery of my new Inspire 1 on Monday and can't wait to start flying it.
Please accept my apologies if asking a quick question should not be done in my introduction but not totally polished on the protocol of the forum yet.
Anyway my quesion is whether anybody is able to advise how I would be able to plan waypoints without having to fly the route first; so actually using Google Earth or something similar to get the lat/long of each waypoint and manually enter them (perhaps using some kind of import facility) into the Inspire 1.
Any answers gratefully received.
Hope to chat some more and read more from others on here now I am a member.
Best Regards
Rory

I have been using Autopilot (an App available from the Apple Store) for a few months with my Inspire 1 and it does what you ask. It uses Google Maps and is relatively easy to do a route on your iPad before take off. I haven't tried it yet but I believe the Autopilot App lets you import waypoints from other applications. As a word of caution it is good to be taking off or starting the flight from near your first waypoint. I usually take off with the DJI Go App and then engage Autopilot. Once you do this and confirm the relative altitude, the I1 rapidly climbs straight up to the altitude of your first waypoint and then flies horizontally to that point. I had taken off near some high trees and engaged Autopilot. Luckily I was just far enough away from the canopy of the tree as I watched the I1 rapidly climb to 50m. Good luck.

Hi Rory, I am at exactly the same point as you and just posted my into above yours, whereabouts in the UK are you based?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hubnetix