Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HI everyone, new Inspire pilot

Reaction score
I've wanted to get an Inspire since they came out but couldn't justify the price for hobby flying. I'm taking the part 107 test in a couple of weeks and hope to make a little money on the side to help fund my hobby. I've been flying quads for several years and started flying dji 450's, 550's, Phantom 1's, 2's, and now I have a phantom 3 pro. I got a good deal on a Inspire 1 and it's on the way and should be here Tuesday. I have a lot to learn about aerial photography.

Congrats! Now the fun begins, insurance, business licenses, tax ID, extra batteries, chargers, spares, domain registrations, LLC licensing, waivers. It is a lot to deal with but it sure is worth it.

Sure opens a lot of possibilities. I see your in SW Fl, where abouts?

I just looked at your Web site, some real great shots. I was at the beach today shooting some video

Reactions: SanCap
Welcome to the ranks! Hope you got one with the X5 camera. If not, you will soon want one. I moved up from Phantom 3 pro to Inspire with the X3 and couldn't tell the difference. Photographically. Then moved up to the X5 and ahhhhhh......... that's a camera!! Good thing is that the X5s are selling at an all time low also. Saw a complete one with lens go for $1300 today on ebay. That's half price.

Last edited:
Congrats! Now the fun begins, insurance, business licenses, tax ID, extra batteries, chargers, spares, domain registrations, LLC licensing, waivers. It is a lot to deal with but it sure is worth it.
The Worst thing about any DJI product is thier total lack of SHAME, IN THE WAY THEY DO BIZ.... Great products, until they come out with the next new thing...Yeah I'm bitter.... lol

Reactions: Alastair
Welcome to the ranks! Hope you got one with the X5 camera. If not, you will soon want one. I moved up from Phantom 3 pro to Inspire with the X3 and couldn't tell the difference. Photographically. Then moved up to the X5 and ahhhhhh......... that's a camera!! Good thing is that the X5s are selling at an all time l w also. Saw a complete one with lens go for $1300 today on ebay. That's half price.

No X5 it has the X3, after I recover from this purchase I'll be looking for an X5, the bitrate and being able to have interchangeable lens is a reason to get one. I just scheduled the test for the 16th and no I'm getting nervous.

Last edited:
No X5 it has the X3, after I recover from this purchase I'll be looking for an X5, the bitrate and being able to have interchangeable is a reason to get one. I just scheduled the test for the 16th and no I'm getting nervous.
The X3 is a good camera to start with. Again, welcome, enjoy, and be safe!!

I have more than paid for my I1 and x3 working on very professional video shoots. That said I am sure that the x5 is better if you have the cash. And to Aeromirgae's point the prices are now right. The key to all of this stuff is steady confident piloting, pay attention to your composition and really understand the post production process. Everything at the link below was shot on either my I1 or my P4. It aint the most amazing footage that you will ever see, but it is eminently sellable.

Thanks Robert, that was great. I appreciate any and all advice. Flew the i1 today first time, it was windy but it flew perfect

@rmb, thanks for sharing the reel of what can be accomplished with the P4 and I1. It's been bitterly cold and I've yet to get my new I1 airborne. Bob welcome to the addiction,,, I share your enthusiasm for the I1. I also built and flew several diy multis honing my flying and troubleshooting experience.

I've flown everything over the years from planes, helicopters to Multi's, there is just so much the new Phantoms and Inspires can to it never fails to amaze me I think the Multi's are my favorite. The inspire 2's look nice, but it will probably be a year or 2 before I get one. I'll wait for the Inspire 3's to come out then the price will drop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela