Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

High Heels For I1

Here is a little something for those who are worried about the heels and the new camera. Look closely at the inspire's heels.

I'm curious what an an X3 cam would be worth in the market once this is launched. I am contemplating selling my Inspire 1 package and starting over with an Inspire Pro just so I know everything is good to go and I don't have to piece parts together. Is that poor logic?

It's not about the difficulty of adding the X5 (which I'm sure will be super easy), it's about getting a new craft with all the latest enhancements for about the same cost as just adding the X5 to my existing rig.
The Inspire Pro costs £3699 in the UK.
If I were to buy the X5 on it's own it's £1829 and then £72 for the mounting plate, so £1902 all in.

Pretty sure I can sell my Inspire for £1800 so the difference in cost is nothing but I get a brand new Inspire.

Saying that though, I'm planning on selling my S900 rig as the Inspire with X5 will do everything the S900 can do in a much easier to deploy package.

It's not about the difficulty of adding the X5 (which I'm sure will be super easy), it's about getting a new craft with all the latest enhancements for about the same cost as just adding the X5 to my existing rig.
The Inspire Pro costs £3699 in the UK.
If I were to buy the X5 on it's own it's £1829 and then £72 for the mounting plate, so £1902 all in.

Pretty sure I can sell my Inspire for £1800 so the difference in cost is nothing but I get a brand new Inspire.

Saying that though, I'm planning on selling my S900 rig as the Inspire with X5 will do everything the S900 can do in a much easier to deploy package.

I made my decision based on the fact that I have a flawless inspire with 2+ mile range and zero issues. I don't want to risk getting a new one that does have issues when I can buy the cam and lens by itself and swap out. There are no other "enhancements" so if you have a UAV that performs now I'd suggest not risking it.

What camera are you thinking of that does 4K at 50 or 60 frames/second?

Probably no one at the moment but how long will it take until they are available. I cannot monetarize a X5 until that so I wait for something I really want.

I'm curious about that. What use case requires both 4K and 50 or 60 frames/second?

Every case where you want a smooth yaw moovement.

Actually I only need 50p. The 25p makes it hard to yaw if you move only a little to fast it already destroys the video. Also filming side direction is much harder with 25p.

So you need 50p for smooth yaw movement.

Why do you need 4K? Or is that just a want?

4K is much better then 1080p even if you dont have any 4K TV. That was the reason I bought the Inspire as I have seen even on my HD monitor 4K looks much better then any HD footage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko