Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

higher power antenna

Me too... that's why I usually state " I think or I believe " cause it happens from time to time..
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned anything about it until now..
I've been wondering what max range is and have caught flack for wanting to know what those limits are..
Like I said there's a time and a place for everything. .
I have a guy who wants me to fly over his property. .he's a cattle rancher with more than 2000 acres ..he's interested in using a drone to check on his livestock. .how far is it across 2000 acres. .I'm guessing a mile or so..
I believe this is a good reason to fly beyond los ..
that's why I belive dji will leave the distance limits as they are now..
just common sense. ..

Reactions: sirnikolas
No worries - You're right in saying that 5.8ghz is 25mW but I think the world and his dog seem to be running 600mW Video TX illegally both in the UK and elsewhere. The reality is of course they will never be caught/stopped since someone would have to stop/catch them first and then know what they are talking about to tell them off and give them a slap on the wrist:D

One could argue the case that due to the materials and type of antenna, even using a vTX of 600mW, the actual ERP would be, due to the inherent losses, less than 25mW. Suffix that with " Your Honor";)

Regards

Nidge

Reactions: The Editor
Me too... that's why I usually state " I think or I believe " cause it happens from time to time..
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned anything about it until now..
I've been wondering what max range is and have caught flack for wanting to know what those limits are..
Like I said there's a time and a place for everything. .
I have a guy who wants me to fly over his property. .he's a cattle rancher with more than 2000 acres ..he's interested in using a drone to check on his livestock. .how far is it across 2000 acres. .I'm guessing a mile or so..
I believe this is a good reason to fly beyond los ..
that's why I belive dji will leave the distance limits as they are now..
just common sense. ..
Well what I have flown about 1 mile near cell towers and what not. And it was just fine

Tony at FPVLR wrote to me that he is looking into antenna improvements for the Inspire 1; I suggest you inquire with him as to where he's at with that work.

Well what I have flown about 1 mile near cell towers and what not. And it was just fine
Directional dish type antennas that you see sometimes strapped to cell towers are worth staying away from, they have been recorded as causing catastrophic control failure in Phantoms - microwaves I think. Search back and you'll find the posts. Not worth the risk for me.

I have to agree with Nick, I live where there are 2 cell towers on either side of me. I can't go 1200ft without completely loosing signal. It would be nice to have a little more power so I could at least fly to the end of the park I fly at. When I fly at other locations the range is great, only at this one specific place is it bad.
Thread resurrection alert:
Ive used my Inspire for a minimum of 6 cell phone tower inspections so far. I've only had an issue once where I lost connection with the controller and it attempted to RTH. I believe this is because the inspire was literally directly above me and my antennas were not in the ideal position. By the way i'm usually within 5-10 feet of the towers.

Ive used my Inspire for a minimum of 6 cell phone tower inspections so far. I've only had an issue once where I lost connection with the controller and it attempted to RTH. I believe this is because the inspire was literally directly above me and my antennas were not in the ideal position. By the way i'm usually within 5-10 feet of the towers.
Ya man!!
Was like a walk down memory lane..then I tripped...
I'll keep that I mind next time I inspect cell phone towers..lol:p
Turbo...

I'm looking to add cell tower inspection to my menu of services. What is the going rate? Do you fly in atti mode always? Would FPV googles be a good choice? I have an Inspire X5 with a 45mm. What's the best way to enter and canvas for business (or at least helpful information) thanks in advance for any help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44