Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hobbyists the fun is over

Reaction score
By law if your not flying at an AMA park your most likely flying illegally. If you don't have a part 107 your basically no longer allowed to fly in your back yard. Fpv racing is illegal period:mad:

Take 107 and your just on the hook to get severely punished. Once again if a Hobbyist can't do it Yo,u can't do it. No offense but Part 107 is just a trap off. If you can't come to NYC and film then Part 107 nothing.

Sad it is.
But I'm not selling. The temptation to fly I'll just haft to overcome that. 1 day at a time.
Personally I've learned some aspect of photography, videography even lipos was all new to me. Even purchased an iMac I didnt really need. 4K poppycock
Thank god I never upgrade my camera:).

I'm contemplating going down to Faa headquarters and taking a Colin Kaepernick knee. To let them know as a registered hobbyist these rules just don't work for me.

Reactions: lake_flyer
Wow, this must be hard.
I feel sorry for you, it shouldn't have had to come this far. If only those morons, who spoiled it for all of us, wouldn't have existed....But the marketing strategies from the manufacturers pinpointed towards the greater youtube audience is probably most to blame.

Where does it end? I can only expect our country and most others to follow, as they normally follow the FAA sooner or later. Eventually any drone with a weight of more than, fill in whatever bizar low weight, will be forbidden to non commercially trained pilots. What Tailand already is doing to some extend. DJI is not announcing suddenly a new micro/pocket sized 4K drone just for fun. They knew this was coming down the line. And they know a lot more than that.

I'm contemplating going down to Faa headquarters and taking a Colin Kaepernick knee. To let them know as a registered hobbyist these rules just don't work for me.
Yeah, let m have it coming bro :) that will rock them. Take a gettoblaster with you to play the national anthem.

I can't blame the so called other PILOTS. Nothing horrific happen nor should the public be forced to wait for something to happen. If a person committed a felony with drone that makes him or she a criminal not a hobbyist.
I listen to Adele on my radio not somebody else's anthem:cool:.
A Ghetto blaster in America is ak47
They been using them overseas also .

Geez what can't you guys read, or study, just take the test. Go to a flight school or go online and study, then take the test, be a real pilot and stop your whining! There are 100's of hobbies in the world, and when those hobbies can in there misuse hurt someone they they are regulated. Its a freaking 75 question test and you can pass after missing like 20% so just take the test.

You golll
Geez what can't you guys read, or study, just take the test. Go to a flight school or go online and study, then take the test, be a real pilot and stop your whining! There are 100's of hobbies in the world, and when those hobbies can in there misuse hurt someone they they are regulated. Its a freaking 75 question test and you can pass after missing like 20% so just take the test.
I'll take the test when I get around to it. 333 exemption now 107 before it was nothing. For now though, I can't even go outside and discharge my batteries legally. Legally
Misuse
Who got hurt? 2 people in the entire world.
Misuse, air is free. Why do you feel the need to pay for it.

You golll

I'll take the test when I get around to it. 333 exemption now 107 before it was nothing. For now though, I can't even go outside and discharge my batteries legally. Legally
Misuse
Who got hurt? 2 people in the entire world.
Misuse, air is free. Why do you feel the need to pay for it.

Air is not Free. In the USA air(space) belongs to ALL he people. That means people just walking around have just as much right(s) as to be protected from falling junk as those who are flying it.

to insure the safety of those walking through the 'air' and those wanting to fly in it, the government says you need to have an understanding of the objects your putting in the air and understand your liability and responsibility if you crash one into a persons head or through their dinning room window.

I'm a flight instructor, and I see two kinds of students. 1st the students that want to be responsible, to themselves , the public and their equipment, and to those that took their drone out of the box on the first day and crashed it into a neighbors house or got it stuck in a tree.

By the way, we don't know how many people got hurt in the world, cause their is really no way to track that.

One more thing about Drone Racing, The drone racers want to be considered professionals, and make prize money and get sponsorship, well if you want to be treated like a pro, then act like a pro and get licensed.

Reactions: Steve Bunch
Gee, here I have been studying to take a 60 question test and hoping to pass it with a grade of 70% or higher.

to insure the safety of those walking through the 'air' and those wanting to fly in it, the government says you need to have an understanding of the objects your putting in the air and understand your liability and responsibility if you crash one into a persons head or through their dinning room window.
I've been flying for about 2 years in nyc.
Never been on the news. Never crashed my i1.
I have an understanding. Keep it below 400 ft.
500,000 registered users. No body counts.
If if if if if
Gee, here I have been studying to take a 60 question test and hoping to pass it with a grade of 70% or higher.
It's not just about passing the test. But apparently the faa is cool with folks just barely passing the test.
Safety my azz

Reactions: SkipTV

what ever, its the point that you can almost be an idiot and pass the test, if you can read more than 150 characters and realize that text is spelled "text" and not "txt" that was the point , just a general over view. So thanks for making the test even easier,

I've been flying for about 2 years in nyc.
Never been on the news. Never crashed my i1.
I have an understanding. Keep it below 400 ft.
500,000 registered users. No body counts.
If if if if if

It's not just about passing the test. But apparently the faa is cool with folks just barely passing the test.
Safety my azz

good for you, till it happens you are not licensed and insured and someone sues that crap out of you an takes your house. by the way, everyone crashes. It might not be your fault it might be the tech, but at some point everyone crashes.

good for you, till it happens you are not licensed and insured and someone sues that crap out of you an takes your house. by the way, everyone crashes. It might not be your fault it might be the tech, but at some point everyone crashes.
Right the drones do crash.
If and when again.
Let Me not be over judgemental
Hopefully before the end of the year the faa can get some rules out for hoobyist.
Not just ama members. It's some stingy folks on this planet.

I don't know how a person flies an i1 with 3k underneath and expects to crash. Pilot error evertime.
A Harley ain't no dirt bike. How do you crash a Davidson? It's the only reason I would I get one.
If I crash it's drivers error most likely

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi