Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

horizontal shimmer in video

ARF

Reaction score
I've been doing some testing with new X5S and have found the video has a horizontal shimmer.

The same issue appears in video by 15mm or 45mm lens.

It's visible when hovering with no panning.

Everything is balanced and seems smooth.

see video attached which you need to view in 4K to see it in the trees on the left of image.

any suggestions?

This was recorded in using H265.

Last edited:
I've been doing some testing with new X5S and have found the video has a horizontal shimmer.

The same issue appears in video by 15mm or 45mm lens.

It's visible when hovering with no panning.

Everything is balanced and seems smooth.

see video attached which you need to view in 4K to see it in the trees on the left of image.

any suggestions?

This was recorded in using H265.

Jello/rolling shutter.
You have vibration coming through your airframe somewhere.
Do you suffer with the loose red prop syndrome? Seems like most do.

You might be right. I checked them when new and all seemed ok. I've only had two flights. The white ones were a little bit stiff.

I've checked again and there is a small noise intermittently when checking the red ones with manual spin. This could cause some vibration.

I'll advise DJI and see how I go.

Little off topic but can't find a topic.

2nd day w x5s and camera view on tablet has red frindgeing on all edges of everything in view.

Has to be a setting but I went through everything 3 times. Photos and video look fine. Just the camera view has it.

Thanks

The Search engine can be your friend. I decided to subjectively test on the X5S the Olympus 25 mm prime and the Panasonic 14-42 (zoom/pancake) to see if I could detect any differences, as the zoom model handy for needing a telephoto while in flight. In any event, wind about 12 mph, bright sunny day, and I'm noticing the 'jello' effect on the 14-42 (set at 25 mm) on the 7.5 CS Ultra, and none on the 25 prime. The 'jello' effect on the recording of the 14-42, not the prime. Both lenses properly balanced, all other parameters the same. Gee, wonder what we'd do if all of this stuff worked as it should? LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla