Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hourly Drone Insurance

I was having breakfast after I received my temporary 107 cert the other day and decided to see if I could get insurance where I was. I knew I was close to 2 airports and checked the program to see if it would sell me insurance at the nominal rate. Insurance was available at the 10 dollar rate. I pulled this up on airmap and it clearly shows I was in the NFZ of FMY. Is that because the programs assumes I may have permission to fly there?

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 7.08.39 PM.png

Is there a way to pre install my credit card without buying insurance so when I need it I do not need to type in my CC numbers again at the job site?

Is there a way to pre install my credit card without buying insurance so when I need it I do not need to type in my CC numbers again at the job site?
Hi SanCap

Great question and yes, indeed there is.

Open the app and click the hamburger (3 parallel lines) at the top left of the app. If you are logged in that brings you to your account page where you can add / edit your credit card information and save it. If you are not logged in (or haven't created an account yet), hitting the hamburger will bring you to a page with options to sign up or log-in. After doing either, you will have the option of adding your credit card and saving it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
--David

Reactions: SanCap
Hi SanCap

Great question and yes, indeed there is.

Open the app and click the hamburger (3 parallel lines) at the top left of the app. If you are logged in that brings you to your account page where you can add / edit your credit card information and save it. If you are not logged in (or haven't created an account yet), hitting the hamburger will bring you to a page with options to sign up or log-in. After doing either, you will have the option of adding your credit card and saving it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
--David[/QUOTE

Thanks.

David
Is there a a way for me to check a head of time to get an estimate to see how much and if I can purchase a policy. When I say before as in when I am pre planning a mission from my office?

Thanks
Mark

David
Is there a a way for me to check a head of time to get an estimate to see how much and if I can purchase a policy. When I say before as in when I am pre planning a mission from my office?

Thanks
Mark

Yes, you can see the prices for locations by moving around the map.

Verifly is now up and running in Oregon and Oklahoma! That puts us live in 44 out of 50 states. We'd love to hear any initial stories from pilots in either of these states.

Verifly is now up and running in Oregon and Oklahoma! That puts us live in 44 out of 50 states. We'd love to hear any initial stories from pilots in either of these states.
Newer member to InspirePilots - I live in OKC and I stumbled across Verifly last month before it was live in Oklahoma. I posted it in our local OKC Facebook Group - response was good, they just wanted to know when it went live.

I was excited to find out that it's now live! Will have to give it a shot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Hey y'all...We've started posting a drone video of the day on Verifly's Facebook and Twitter. Amazing landscapes, fireworks, racing and since we are an insurance company, the occasional epic crash.

We are #VeriflyMe for both.

I had my first experience with Verifly yesterday and I gotta say, I liked it a lot. This was my first job after my previous policy ended. Showed up at the job location, walked the area to get frame of reference of what I was gonna shoot.

Went into the app (I had already loaded all my info previously). Hit the get coverage button and started the job. I really liked that the app is linked to the iWatch. It would send me notifications to let me know how much time of coverage was remaining.

I will definitely be using Verifly again!

Reactions: Jay Bregman
I had my first experience with Verifly yesterday and I gotta say, I liked it a lot. This was my first job after my previous policy ended. Showed up at the job location, walked the area to get frame of reference of what I was gonna shoot.

Went into the app (I had already loaded all my info previously). Hit the get coverage button and started the job. I really liked that the app is linked to the iWatch. It would send me notifications to let me know how much time of coverage was remaining.

I will definitely be using Verifly again!
Thanks so much ADT! I've forwarded your note to our entire team. Really appreciate your support and kind words. Best of luck!
--David

Hey all

We've started sharing some details on some of our upcoming features, so I wanted to post the list here hot off the presses:

Higher liability limits: For some jobs or flights, $1,000,000 isn’t enough coverage, so we will be rolling out a $2,500,000 option.

Longer time periods: For many flights, an hour is the perfect amount of time but many of you do full or half-day shoots and want the convenience of buying one insurance policy. So we will soon be offering 4-hour and 8-hour Verifly policies.

Larger areas: We will be offering a new option to purchase coverage over a half-mile radius.

COA Authorization: Whether you have a Part 107, a 333 exemption or permission from a local property owner, we are adding a certification system to the app so that you can get coverage in places where you have authorization to fly.

Certificate of Insurance Membership: Commercial clients often want to see proof of insurance in advance of a job, so we will be offering a certificate that you can share with your clients in advance of buying a Verifly policy on the job-site.

How will these features work for you?

Reactions: Eliphion
Those enhancements are nice and I am glad to see that things are moving along so well.

With regard to duration of flight, I would like to have the option to pick how many hours I need. Sometimes I need 1, sometimes 2, etc. Having a choice between 1, 4 and 8 is a good start, but not totally ideal.

Being able to load in our 107 cert would be great as well.

Hey all

We've started sharing some details on some of our upcoming features, so I wanted to post the list here hot off the presses:

Higher liability limits: For some jobs or flights, $1,000,000 isn’t enough coverage, so we will be rolling out a $2,500,000 option.

Longer time periods: For many flights, an hour is the perfect amount of time but many of you do full or half-day shoots and want the convenience of buying one insurance policy. So we will soon be offering 4-hour and 8-hour Verifly policies.

Larger areas: We will be offering a new option to purchase coverage over a half-mile radius.

COA Authorization: Whether you have a Part 107, a 333 exemption or permission from a local property owner, we are adding a certification system to the app so that you can get coverage in places where you have authorization to fly.

Certificate of Insurance Membership: Commercial clients often want to see proof of insurance in advance of a job, so we will be offering a certificate that you can share with your clients in advance of buying a Verifly policy on the job-site.

How will these features work for you?

These are great additions, I look forward to your rolling them out. Suggested further additions might be the larger liability and hull insurance (such as $2M or $3M) for shorter flight increments, maybe 20 minutes, 30 minutes, and 45 minutes of coverage? There are circumstances where I can see this being useful, such as using larger fixed wing drones for SAR or surveying (sorry if off-topic for a DJI Inspire quadrotor UAS forum). Also, the ability to schedule insurance some period in advance (and I understand your actuarial process is in real-time, but perhaps you could make the policy cancellable upon NOTAM or TFR changes, with notification to the Pilot)?

Those enhancements are nice and I am glad to see that things are moving along so well.

With regard to duration of flight, I would like to have the option to pick how many hours I need. Sometimes I need 1, sometimes 2, etc. Having a choice between 1, 4 and 8 is a good start, but not totally ideal.

Being able to load in our 107 cert would be great as well.
Thanks ADT. We are trying to move the product along as quickly as we can. We've received such a wealth of helpful feedback from pilots like you so thank you. I will share your point about a more dynamic choice of hourly coverage with our product team.

Cheers
David

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo