Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hourly Drone Insurance

These are great additions, I look forward to your rolling them out. Suggested further additions might be the larger liability and hull insurance (such as $2M or $3M) for shorter flight increments, maybe 20 minutes, 30 minutes, and 45 minutes of coverage? There are circumstances where I can see this being useful, such as using larger fixed wing drones for SAR or surveying (sorry if off-topic for a DJI Inspire quadrotor UAS forum). Also, the ability to schedule insurance some period in advance (and I understand your actuarial process is in real-time, but perhaps you could make the policy cancellable upon NOTAM or TFR changes, with notification to the Pilot)?
Hi William

Great points. I totally understand your suggestion around shorter time periods (though I can't help but saying that we think hourly insurance is already a pretty short increment!). On liability, we will be rolling out a $2.5m option. Hopefully that will be enough coverage for most situations.

For surveying, I'm curious about the coverage area. Our new larger area is a 1/2 mile radius (so max 1 mile in a direction). Would that be adequate for your needs? Also, how big are those fixed wing drones? Our limit is 15 lbs today.

Pre-purchase is complicated but we are working on it.

Thanks for all this great feedback.

Cheers
David

Reactions: William Gaddy
I used for the first time yesterday while flying around multi million dollar boats and houses yesterday. worked great easy to use and will be using them every time I fly for a job.

thanks. so far great product and app.

Reactions: David Bercovich
I used for the first time yesterday while flying around multi million dollar boats and houses yesterday. worked great easy to use and will be using them every time I fly for a job.

thanks. so far great product and app.
That's tremendous. Thanks Brad!

Hi William

Great points. I totally understand your suggestion around shorter time periods (though I can't help but saying that we think hourly insurance is already a pretty short increment!). On liability, we will be rolling out a $2.5m option. Hopefully that will be enough coverage for most situations.

For surveying, I'm curious about the coverage area. Our new larger area is a 1/2 mile radius (so max 1 mile in a direction). Would that be adequate for your needs? Also, how big are those fixed wing drones? Our limit is 15 lbs today.

Cheers
David

Hi David.

First, I appreciate how responsive you guys have been. There's surveying/mapping which usually covers a rectangular or at least polygonal area as opposed to a hard-and-fast circular area surrounding a central lat/long and then there's inspection which is usually a linear path along a right-of-way. The latter would also be better served with a rectangular coverage area. That being said, I think you guys are doing a great service for the commercial UAS community, keep up the good work.

Hi David.

First, I appreciate how responsive you guys have been. There's surveying/mapping which usually covers a rectangular or at least polygonal area as opposed to a hard-and-fast circular area surrounding a central lat/long and then there's inspection which is usually a linear path along a right-of-way. The latter would also be better served with a rectangular coverage area. That being said, I think you guys are doing a great service for the commercial UAS community, keep up the good work.
Great point William re different areas and thanks for the kind words...

My company, Verifly, released an on-demand drone insurance app today in partnership with Global Aerospace. $1M policies start at $10 an hour - all delivered instantly via the app. Happy to answer any questions but this will cover an Inspire (and any drone under 15lbs) in most of the US. Coverage today in TechCrunch Verifly launches drone insurance by the flight, and on-demand in the US. Thank you!
Does this work in Canada?
Should be more of a priority for you than Europe because of the close ties with the US.

Does this work in Canada?
Should be more of a priority for you than Europe because of the close ties with the US.
Hi White Airwolf

Canada is indeed our top international priority but it will take us some time to get there...

Best of luck until we are able to expand north of the border.

Reactions: lrh111
Been trying to get Verifly to work on my Nexus 6P, location services enable, wifi as well as data connection established during my tests. App finds my location immediately but is not getting past the loading animation above the drone. Uninstalling and installing again does not fix it, tried on Android 6.0 and 7.0.
I tried to get in touch with your support team, but besides being told to check location settings and data connection I did not get further support even after sending another email myself.
I would really like to try your service.
Edit: Got it to work

Last edited:
Thanks!

Full details on what is covered and what is not are available on the app - here is the high level What does the policy cover? - Verifly Support and here is a sample policy Can I see a sample policy before I purchase? - Verifly Support

All claims are handled by Global Aerospace - the process is outlined here What information do I need to report a claim? - Verifly Support

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any other questions!

Jay
Can I get a policy with my company name on it? Not sure how many companies retaining my services would accept a "sample" policy?

Can I get a policy with my company name on it? Not sure how many companies retaining my services would accept a "sample" policy?
Yes, of course. When you purchase an actual policy it will have your name on it, and you can always update the "Company" field on your profile to have your client(s) which will appear on the policy as an additional named insured.

Jay

Verifly is now live in Missouri! The Show Me State launch puts Verifly live in 47 / 50 states!
https://goo.gl/WUG7bG

great start Jay, congratulations on it and the effort. keep it up.
is there any info on Hungary / Europe in the near future?
for feature filming is there a chance for a higher liability amount?
I am located in Hungary :) really waiting for it to happen or partner up or help to partner up. if you'd need any help i would be very glad to help you.
cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Verifly is now live in Missouri! The Show Me State launch puts Verifly live in 47 / 50 states!
https://goo.gl/WUG7bG

Great so you'll cover me when I fly over the arch? Just kidding ;)
This is great, though as I travel back home to St. Louis often.
Question: what happens if I take off at the border of Missouri/Illinois? Am I covered within the 1/4mile radius or does it stop if I cross state border even if you offer coverage?

Hi all

Minnesota is now also live on Verifly! Down to just 2 state left for approval! Would love to hear from early customers in Missouri or Minnesota.

Cheers
David

Hey all

We've started sharing some details on some of our upcoming features, so I wanted to post the list here hot off the presses:

Higher liability limits: For some jobs or flights, $1,000,000 isn’t enough coverage, so we will be rolling out a $2,500,000 option.

Longer time periods: For many flights, an hour is the perfect amount of time but many of you do full or half-day shoots and want the convenience of buying one insurance policy. So we will soon be offering 4-hour and 8-hour Verifly policies.

Larger areas: We will be offering a new option to purchase coverage over a half-mile radius.

COA Authorization: Whether you have a Part 107, a 333 exemption or permission from a local property owner, we are adding a certification system to the app so that you can get coverage in places where you have authorization to fly.

Certificate of Insurance Membership: Commercial clients often want to see proof of insurance in advance of a job, so we will be offering a certificate that you can share with your clients in advance of buying a Verifly policy on the job-site.

How will these features work for you?
Certificate of Insurance Membership: Commercial clients often want to see proof of insurance in advance of a job, so we will be offering a certificate that you can share with your clients in advance of buying a Verifly policy on the job-site.
VERY NECESSARY, ASAP.

Hi William

Cheers
David
if I have 2 small jobs, within a one mile circle, is it acceptable to go to a midpoint and purchase the insurance there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieTret