Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hourly Drone Insurance

My company, Verifly, released an on-demand drone insurance app today in partnership with Global Aerospace. $1M policies start at $10 an hour - all delivered instantly via the app. Happy to answer any questions but this will cover an Inspire (and any drone under 15lbs) in most of the US. Coverage today in TechCrunch Verifly launches drone insurance by the flight, and on-demand in the US. Thank you!
I thought the coverage area increasedpolicy.PNG to 1/2 mile? I flew a job today and the policy stated .25 mile.

My company, Verifly, released an on-demand drone insurance app today in partnership with Global Aerospace. $1M policies start at $10 an hour - all delivered instantly via the app. Happy to answer any questions but this will cover an Inspire (and any drone under 15lbs) in most of the US. Coverage today in TechCrunch Verifly launches drone insurance by the flight, and on-demand in the US. Thank you!
For your next upgrade, can you make the app screen to work in a landscape mode? My Ipad only displays the app in portrait.

"Authorized pilots may self-certify and get insured near airports, heliports, seaplane bases, or stadiums. When your coverage area overlaps these objects, you will see a message "Coverage is Available for Authorized Pilots". Tap "Get Insured" and you will be guided through the certification process."
I don't see this message, any hints.
So, who took their Part 107 test today? Any reports or interesting tidbits?

Bloomberg West aired a segment earlier today featuring Jay to discuss new The FAA commercial drone regs - 1) http://verif.ly/X6IX303Hu5p 2) http://verif.ly/5mCE303Hu7c

How do I get coverage inside an airport no fly zone if I have an FAA Part 107 Certificate of Authorization?

Hi Jay,
Any idea when the regulatory monster in NY will allow this to be used in CNY? Great idea but then NY bureaucrats are way smarter than everyone else.

Hi William

Great points. I totally understand your suggestion around shorter time periods (though I can't help but saying that we think hourly insurance is already a pretty short increment!). On liability, we will be rolling out a $2.5m option. Hopefully that will be enough coverage for most situations.

For surveying, I'm curious about the coverage area. Our new larger area is a 1/2 mile radius (so max 1 mile in a direction). Would that be adequate for your needs? Also, how big are those fixed wing drones? Our limit is 15 lbs today.

Pre-purchase is complicated but we are working on it.

Thanks for all this great feedback.

Cheers
David

So is the coverage area now 1/2 mile on all policies?

Talk to a lawyer, a business as a DBA leaves you very vulnerable for liability issues.
I know is just for the star up, as liability most of my first jobs will me mapping pre-construction subdivisions eg: using map pilot do the project and deliver a file, planning doing on weekends where there be no workers, wish me luck my 107 test is next Friday ca't wait to be sertified
Thanks for your advice

"Authorized pilots may self-certify and get insured near airports, heliports, seaplane bases, or stadiums. When your coverage area overlaps these objects, you will see a message "Coverage is Available for Authorized Pilots". Tap "Get Insured" and you will be guided through the certification process."

How do I get coverage inside an airport no fly zone if I have an FAA Part 107 Certificate of Authorization?

Hi the new upgrades are now live. Make sure that you update the app and you should then see the self-certification options.

Cheers!

What about special uses such as working with police, fire etc...? Does the type of work exclude someone when it is "high risk" as you insurance providers commonly refer to it?

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Verifly works with any drone under 15 lbs and you have to follow many of the FAA's flight rules. We exclude drone racing but other than that, I don't believe there are specific use-cases such as working with police and fire that are excluded. If you need to confirm, you can either review a sample policy here or email us at [email protected]

Exciting news from Verifly today. Major new release which includes universal coverage enabling authorized pilots to get insurance near airports, heliports, stadia. And new options including increased liability cover (up to $2.5m), increased coverage periods (4-hour and 8-hour packs) and increased coverage area (½ mile radius option). Be sure to update the app to see these new features. Would love to hear feedback on these new features.

You are on the old version of the app, please upgrade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44