Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hourly Drone Insurance

Hi William

Great points. I totally understand your suggestion around shorter time periods (though I can't help but saying that we think hourly insurance is already a pretty short increment!). On liability, we will be rolling out a $2.5m option. Hopefully that will be enough coverage for most situations.

For surveying, I'm curious about the coverage area. Our new larger area is a 1/2 mile radius (so max 1 mile in a direction). Would that be adequate for your needs? Also, how big are those fixed wing drones? Our limit is 15 lbs today.

Pre-purchase is complicated but we are working on it.

Thanks for all this great feedback.

Cheers
David
David,

How do I turn off coverage when I am finished with the job and move to a different site. Couldn't find the option.

I am part 107, with a 107.41 "Daylight operations" waiver. Just starting to do night flights, but Verifly does not offer insurance at night. Has anyone found insurance for night flights?

David,

How do I turn off coverage when I am finished with the job and move to a different site. Couldn't find the option.
Right now the way to do this is to log out of the app and register with a new account (e.g. gmail account) and then purchase a second policy. We are streamlining this process so you can purchase multiple policies at once more easily.

I am part 107, with a 107.41 "Daylight operations" waiver. Just starting to do night flights, but Verifly does not offer insurance at night. Has anyone found insurance for night flights?
We have night coverage approved by the states and we will be rolling out night self-certification soon (no exact timeline).

My company, Verifly, released an on-demand drone insurance app today in partnership with Global Aerospace. $1M policies start at $10 an hour - all delivered instantly via the app. Happy to answer any questions but this will cover an Inspire (and any drone under 15lbs) in most of the US. Coverage today in TechCrunch Verifly launches drone insurance by the flight, and on-demand in the US. Thank you!
I typically need a COI to show the client at least a week before the shoot. Is this a possibility with verify?

Hi William

Great points. I totally understand your suggestion around shorter time periods (though I can't help but saying that we think hourly insurance is already a pretty short increment!). On liability, we will be rolling out a $2.5m option. Hopefully that will be enough coverage for most situations.

For surveying, I'm curious about the coverage area. Our new larger area is a 1/2 mile radius (so max 1 mile in a direction). Would that be adequate for your needs? Also, how big are those fixed wing drones? Our limit is 15 lbs today.

Pre-purchase is complicated but we are working on it.

Thanks for all this great feedback.

Cheers
David
Using new IPAD AIR 2, can't find Verifly app in Apple store?

My company, Verifly, released an on-demand drone insurance app today in partnership with Global Aerospace. $1M policies start at $10 an hour - all delivered instantly via the app. Happy to answer any questions but this will cover an Inspire (and any drone under 15lbs) in most of the US. Coverage today in TechCrunch Verifly launches drone insurance by the flight, and on-demand in the US. Thank you!

Any plans to allow night flights for those pilots with night COAs?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44