Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How Are You Counting & Logging Flight Time?

Reaction score
How are you logging your time?

Question:
0700: Aircraft Assembled preflight complete
0705: Aircraft Powered and Ready-to-fly
0710: Takeoff - Flight begins
0725: Landing - Flight End
0730: Aircraft is de-powered

Answer:
A: (15min or .2)
B: (25min or .4)*
C: (30min or .5)
D: (15min or .2) +(.3 per sortie)**
E: (1 Battery, 1 Sortie, .5)***

-------------------------------------------------------
(B)* Standard air carrier part 121 method
(D)** FAA acceptable standard military additive
(E)*** Because it's a UAS, operating any component of the system constitutes flight activity

Minutes to 10ths Conversion
0-3: .0
4-9: .1
10-15: .2
16-21: .3
22-27: .4
28-33: .5
34-39: .6
40-45: .7
46-51: .8
52-57: .9
58-60: 1.0

How are you logging your time?

Question:
0700: Aircraft Assembled preflight complete
0705: Aircraft Powered and Ready-to-fly
0710: Takeoff - Flight begins
0725: Landing - Flight End
0730: Aircraft is de-powered

Answer:
A: (15min or .2)
B: (25min or .4)*
C: (30min or .5)
D: (15min or .2) +(.3 per sortie)**
E: (1 Battery, 1 Sortie, .5)***

-------------------------------------------------------
(B)* Standard air carrier part 121 method
(D)** FAA acceptable standard military additive
(E)*** Because it's a UAS, operating any component of the system constitutes flight activity

Minutes to 10ths Conversion
0-3: .0
4-9: .1
10-15: .2
16-21: .3
22-27: .4
28-33: .5
34-39: .6
40-45: .7
46-51: .8
52-57: .9
58-60: 1.0
Like I log my manned AC flight time, from engine start to shutdown. Not sure the point of your posting, can you be less cryptic?

I thought the question was fairly straight forward. How do you log your flight time? I provided a hypothetical scenario with possible options and a some various ways to count. As far as UAS operations are concerned it is a bit vague. Military operations log it from wheels OFF the ground to wheels on the ground plus .3, Airlines log it once the door is closed and the parking brake is released, while GA pilots tend to log what was recorded on the ol' hobbs meter. This leaves a fair amount of slop especially for short flights, and since the RC community has never bee too concerned with logging flight time it seems a relevant question.

I thought the question was fairly straight forward. How do you log your flight time? I provided a hypothetical scenario with possible options and a some various ways to count. As far as UAS operations are concerned it is a bit vague. Military operations log it from wheels OFF the ground to wheels on the ground plus .3, Airlines log it once the door is closed and the parking brake is released, while GA pilots tend to log what was recorded on the ol' hobbs meter. This leaves a fair amount of slop especially for short flights, and since the RC community has never bee too concerned with logging flight time it seems a relevant question.
Time off deck only (airborne).
There is no other requirement by the CAA (UK).
It is not a requirememt to log batteries (although I do), time powered up or anything else, they are only interested in the time in the air.

As for me, I log my time flight time congruent with my Military, Commercial, and Civil flying. Flight time (while airborne) plus a ground additive. Currently I'm considering a .2 additive for 4 min at each end of the flight. Conservative, and yet it doesn't rob my of flying time.

Per our COA we have to list the flight time (Wheels up off ground to engine off on ground) but we also have to list the duration of flight which they consider RC on to engine disengage. That tells them how long the RC was active. Dont know why they need that but we are all guinea pigs for the FAA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Integratedretail