Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

How can I smooth out the camera tilt (up/down) speed on my Inspire 1?

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Help' started by LEC, Apr 2, 2016.

1. LEC

LEC

The little dial on the bottom left of my controller tilts the camera up and down but when I try to do a low swooping shot over the water and then rise up for a more eagle's eye view I then have to adjust the camera angle (to point more down) but the movement is always so jerky it ruins the usability of the shot (without cutting/splicing). Is there a solution? I found a few threads telling me how to adjust the flight pitch/yaw but now how to adjust the camera movement up and down (pitch?). Would appreciate any tips you vets have for this problem (and I know that a second camera operator helps but it doesn't help me).

2. msinger

You can adjust it in the "Gimbal Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" section of DJI GO.

DJI-GO-GimbalExp.png

The Editor likes this.
  3. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

You can also adjust the soft start/stop of the gimbal using the smooth track setting.

4. LEC

LEC

Many thanks for the reply. Higher on the Gimbal Tilt SmoothTrack will make the tilting smoother? What exactly does the Gimbal Tilt EXP adjust?

5. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

All expo(nential) settings will desensitise the stick/wheel movement around central position so make finer control easier.

6. LEC

LEC

So the higher the number (sliding the thing to the right) the lower the sensitivity?