Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How do I discharge batteries without the A/C?

Turn it on and wait a day or two. I also charge my rc's.
I think that won't work as my batteries shut off by themselves after 10 minutes or less.
Or is there a way to keep the batteries on that I don't know, if you do please share.

You can buy devices like this or make your own. A lot of people have built discharges using auto light bulbs.
Aliexpress.com : Buy Rapid Discharging Discharger Set For DJI Phantom 2 3 Inspire 1 3S 4S 6S Battery from Reliable battery pack for iphone suppliers on BIKE IS HOT | Alibaba Group

Also, use of a device like this is at your own risk and never leave a LiPo unattended while discharging (or charging for that matter). It's safest to discharge in a fireproof container like an old ammo can from a military surplus store.

Reactions: Airflix
You can buy devices like this or make your own. A lot of people have built discharges using auto light bulbs.
Aliexpress.com : Buy Rapid Discharging Discharger Set For DJI Phantom 2 3 Inspire 1 3S 4S 6S Battery from Reliable battery pack for iphone suppliers on BIKE IS HOT | Alibaba Group

Also, use of a device like this is at your own risk and never leave a LiPo unattended while discharging (or charging for that matter). It's safest to discharge in a fireproof container like an old ammo can from a military surplus store.

Awesome reasons to buy more ammo cans!

So, is there any problem with leaving batteries charged for 6 weeks without being able to discharge or use them?
Yes, bigtime. You never want to store your batteries with a full charge for an extended period of time. It will damage them and shorten their lifespan. It's best to store them around 3.8V per cell. The inspire 1 (and P3) smart batteries auto discharge to storage voltage after 10 days by default. You can decrease the amount of time before the auto discharge begins as well.

One thing to keep in mind is if you touch the button on the battery, it resets the countdown to discharge. If you're going to store them, store them and don't touch them until your ready to charge them for a flight.

Yes, bigtime. You never want to store your batteries with a full charge for an extended period of time. It will damage them and shorten their lifespan. It's best to store them around 3.8V per cell. The inspire 1 (and P3) smart batteries auto discharge to storage voltage after 10 days by default. You can decrease the amount of time before the auto discharge begins as well.

One thing to keep in mind is if you touch the button on the battery, it resets the countdown to discharge. If you're going to store them, store them and don't touch them until your ready to charge them for a flight.

How do you decrease the amount of time before auto discharge begins?

How do you decrease the amount of time before auto discharge begins?
You change time to discharge in the DJI Go App. You'll need to power on your battery in the Inspire, then connect your controller and launch the app. Tap the battery icon and adjust the "time to discharge" at the bottom. You will need to do this for each battery you have.

enableshowvoltagesetting-png.20220

(photo borrowed from PhantomPilots)

I don't have the aircraft.....
You could turn your remote control on and it will flatten quite far down in 4or 5 hours, then you could use your inspire battery to charge up the RC with the cable supplied with the charger, and this would lower the charge in the battery at least enough for short term storage.

I don't have the aircraft.....
Sorry, i didn't realize you don't have the aircraft at all. I just thought you were looking for ways to drain your batteries without using your aircraft.

Your best bet would be to leave them untouched for at least 2 weeks. They will start to auto drain within 10 days and will be drained to storage voltage a few days thereafter. Just do not touch the button on the top during this period.

If you need them discharged faster, do has Cjvw suggests. That's a great idea.

You could turn your remote control on and it will flatten quite far down in 4or 5 hours, then you could use your inspire battery to charge up the RC with the cable supplied with the charger, and this would lower the charge in the battery at least enough for short term storage.

That's a great idea! I just tried it and it worked. Then I plugged my tablet into the transmitter and turned transmitter on so that the table would charge and THAT worked as well. So now I can charger transmitter and tablet while draining Inspire battery and not just waste energy. :D

Thanks for the tip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm