Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How do you fly with single remote?

Click the remote icon "RC Settings" then the very first option "RC Control Settings". When adjusting the speed its best to have the RC on while controlling the gimbal.. You will eventually fin your sweet spot while flying too.. I've reset mine several times before making a final setting.

I'm afraid it really is a case of practice, practice and then some more practice. There is absolutely no substitute for stick time.
The reason it can not be made more 'smooth' as you say is because of the way follow mode works. (All three axis follow mode gimbals are the same).
There is what's known as the 'deadband' which is usually a range of +/- 5degrees around center point. This deadband floats around the center to absorb lateral movements of the craft. You will see this if you lift up your Inspire when it's powered up and then turn it from side to side. This movement nullifies the undesired yawing when in flight and keeps the image stable around that axis.
However, the deadband must move when the user inputs a yaw command and this is where some clever mathematics goes on to decellerate the gimbal as it approaches its limits of the deadband. If this area was made wider or the reaction slower you would lose the ability of the gimbal to counteract lateral drift movements and any yaw input would be very sloppy to respond.
It is a fine balancing act of PID values to tune a gimbal to be as steady and at the same time responsive as the X3.
Hope that (sort of) helps.
Practice and then practice those feathered yaws some more!!!!!
Thanks for the details, that's pretty helpful. I'll practice some more and tweak my turn sensitivity and see if that helps.

Click the remote icon "RC Settings" then the very first option "RC Control Settings". When adjusting the speed its best to have the RC on while controlling the gimbal.. You will eventually fin your sweet spot while flying too.. I've reset mine several times before making a final setting.

Thanks!

Reactions: PB30X
Thanks for the details, that's pretty helpful. I'll practice some more and tweak my turn sensitivity and see if that helps.
Are you a thumber or a pincher?
Pinching the sticks will give you finer motor (Muscle) control and you may find that easier.

Are you a thumber or a pincher?
Pinching the sticks will give you finer motor (Muscle) control and you may find that easier.

Lol! I'm a thumber, but learned allot from previous RC's... It's all about feathering[emoji6] touchy feely things lol.. And there are cheats too.. IE; keeping parts of the thumbs or fingers stationairy on the remote for stability[emoji6]

Reactions: Ninja
Lol! I'm a thumber, but learned allot from previous RC's... It's all about feathering[emoji6] touchy feely things lol.. And there are cheats too.. IE; keeping parts of the thumbs or fingers stationairy on the remote for stability[emoji6]

Yeah I'm probably trying to fly it too much like I'm playing Xbox. :p

I figure practice will help, but a setting to slow it down would be nice. It seems way too sensitive. The slightest movements are very noticeable and kind of defeat the value of this gimbal mode imo. I don't have an example handy, but I'm sure others have experienced this as well.

If you were to slow it down too much, as much as you're suggesting, then what would you do if you needed a quick response? Oops!

Again, you have to learn how to finesse it. I know what you're experiencing, I did too. Try to see how little you can move the stick and you'll see what I'm talking about. Practice. It is doable.

EDIT: "... like I'm playing Xbox."

You are 100% correct.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo