Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How many Inspires have been sold in the US?

At 5:50 you can see that the props com into view. That would mean the gear is in landing mode. It is also descending extremely fast, much faster than it climbed. It is a LOT less stable in landing mode while descending.
I think it was VRS invoked by the rapid descent, in landing mode, that caused the bird to go upside down. Strange it descended with, like what must be, 6-8m/sec, looking at the video. Maybe it was in manual mode (an option we don't have yet in our Apps, but certainly is available in the flight controller), without any restriction.
Would like to see the telemetry data.

Maybe the pilot switched the gear knob himself?
Maybe he held down the throttle stick, all the time (while in shock and awe), during the fly away?
When got the bird back into view, he saw the bird was inverted, did het push the throttle up or down? Throttle down inverted would maybe somewhat kill the speed, maybe even the fall. The natural physiological reaction would probably have been Throttle UP, in which case the bird would only accelerate faster to the ground.

Too many questions.....

Bit of 3D heli flying experience, might even become handy one day :)

Last edited:
On the other hand, the guy just lost his quad, and then has been subject to a fair amount of abuse by a nut case, so maybe he is just taking a break.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky
He's got the Flight Log up...

It looks like the app froze at the same time he lost control. The app freezes at at 4:07 (about 3:20 Youtube time.) with no further warnings. It freezes before the control link drops.

We've had guys here experience frozen apps. That doesn't interfere with the RC connection does it?

I'm not experienced with youtube, but I also noticed that the DJI app elapsed time does not pass at the same rate that the youtube time passes. They start off within 2 seconds, and end up more than 30 seconds apart. I guess this could have to do with the youtube encoding?

Also noticed that the flight log is posted to a new youtube account, the earlier video was posted to an already active account with a bunch of videos on file.

Not sure if that matters.

I've been wondering how many Inspires have been sold in the US? Has anyone seen any estimates?

Also how many users do we have here. I'm wondering how big a populations is generating these fly-away reports.

(trying to figure my odds.)
41,741 were tagged sold on Jan 1 2015

Now we need to know how many of us have "agreed" to the new terms of service that prohibit lawsuits. One way or another there are bound to be enough of us for a class action suit if DJI goes to far with their shenanigans.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah