Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to Fly the Inspire

This is what I do know and have done very successfully. To say go out and fly and you will learn is basically true. But with all the so called experts I would thing someone could help one of our inspire owners from learning at the cost of a 3000 unit. I do agree you must go into atti mode and it will set you free. I avoided that for a long time but once I did I realized I could always go back to gps mode if I got into trouble. We have the ability to show the control of the sticks when we are flying and I thought it would help to see how an experienced pilot would do that and have a video of the stick movement and the resulting footage shot.
One of the best things you can do is buy a phoenix 4 simulator and practice, practice and practice

One the best things any new pilot can do is by a flight simulator. It will help with your co-ordination and its very cheap to repair when you crash.( nothing)
No customer support to pass you off either.
Practice, practice and practice some more.

This forum is littered with some really unpleasant characters. People come here having spent a great deal of money and are looking for help and advice. Instead of being rude, why not just try giving them some?

Because it's equally as rude, if not more so, to hijack a thread. That's how forums work. If you're going to get in the game, learn the rules and play fair. That isn't asking too much, I don't think.

Reactions: Carlsberg
Because it's equally as rude, if not more so, to hijack a thread. That's how forums work. If you're going to get in the game, learn the rules and play fair. That isn't asking too much, I don't think.

And the "game" in your words is also to have the right to call people names every time they commit some sort of indiscretion?

Nice.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hey guys..
welcome to inspirepilots.com. ..
feel free to ask anything that comes to your mind ..
sometimes a topic will branch into something else which I believe is fine...
If some pilots get upset when the thread goes off topic , that's too bad ..
Use this forum as you see fit.
There's a search function at the top of the page..
there's plenty of threads here and more every day..
Enjoy this forum!!
Turbo...

+1 goes to InspiredOne

Being ignorant of the speed limit will rarely get you out of the ticket.

This is what I do know and have done very successfully. To say go out and fly and you will learn is basically true. But with all the so called experts I would thing someone could help one of our inspire owners from learning at the cost of a 3000 unit. I do agree you must go into atti mode and it will set you free. I avoided that for a long time but once I did I realized I could always go back to gps mode if I got into trouble. We have the ability to show the control of the sticks when we are flying and I thought it would help to see how an experienced pilot would do that and have a video of the stick movement and the resulting footage shot.
I also agree with the other comments. I have been practicing hard on Atti flying and it really does give you smoother video. It also forces you to develop your piloting skills. If you decide to start flying airplanes your self you will see the corelation. The one thing that has helped me is to pay careful attention to the direction of the wind and make sure you plan your take off and landing locations accordingly. The GPS mode lets me get lazy and that is not good. In the past I have taken off from some tight and frankly unwise locations vis-a-vis people and buildings. I don't do that anymore. I also find it pretty exiting to fly Atti while trying to do the maneuvers. I guess you could say you are gambling your skills against the wind with $3k on the line. I am not a gambler but I get it. Also a little comforting to know that I am less likely to get any surprises control wise during the flight. Going out to the field now to practice. Have a great day

One of the best things you can do is buy a phoenix 4 simulator and practice, practice and practice

Why not use the Inspire Flight Simulator inside the DJI Pilot App? It's what I intend to do when my Inspire arrives, should the weather be less than favourable. This is the UK after all :)

Talk about "hi-jacked" jeez! More time is spent criticizing new guys for asking a question in the "wrong" thread than to have just answered the guys question, than it turns into another hi-jack about hijacking! The OP's question was answered Ed and re-answered several times with the same answer "practice, practice, practice" as there is no way to "teach" hand/eye coordination, or proper techniques to flying via a forum. It was over. So another guy asked a question that he saw on a live thread rather than A. Creating another new one with a bunch of smart a$$ answers/attacks, B. sifting through hundreds of other threads that may or may not relate to his specific problem based on his own understanding (yes the manual shows what the lights mean, but it's the DJI downloads page and its latest readme file that shows you HOW to upgrade the controller based on latest firmware updates) or C. Going somewhere else.

The best way I have found, is to use the SD card and download the update to the root folder of SD, after using SD card in the Inspires camera to update the main board, than each subsequent battery (reboot inspire after each battery upgrade completes), than use a USB /SD card reader to plug into RC (controller), insert SD card, and wait for update to complete via the light sequence on RC and reboot RC.

IMO after you upgraded the Inspire, the RC lost direct link to I1 due to firmware incompatibility, and therefore needs the RC (controller) properly updated. I saw that you already figured out the problem, and understand that due to all the put-downs, you likely chose to either A. Go somewhere else, B. Create a new username to not be associated with the so called "hi-jacker" name, or C. Sit and quietly watch the forums now reluctant to answer any questions. My answer has been "C" for a long time since ever opening my mouth in another string/forum because I got tired of the know-it-alls waiting to pounce for every question someone had (or if they didn't agree with my answer/opinion instead of helping me to clarify).

Some of these forums seem to be "HI-JACKED by the 10 top guys who started here and who are all now buddies in one way or another. Any newbie is now considered an idiot, when just a year ago, many of these new "professionals" were in the same boat. It's too bad everyone couldn't be so fortunate to have bought their Phantom and/or Inspire on day one, and be SO "knowledgeable" and superior to the rest of us. I've had the 1,2, 2+, S900, F550, and Inspire now since day one, and still try to avoid asking a question here. However, in the event I don't see an answer to someone else's question, I typically just message them outside of the thread to avoid all the unnecessary attacks and public humiliation... Sorry you had to go elsewhere for your your answers, SOME of these guys would rather put you down with twice as many words, than to just offer some assistance in half the time. Take care and fly safe!

Not sure how the word/name "Ed" (spellcheck?) got into the first paragraph, but no intention was made to name or mention anyone named "Ed" (to avoid any confusion)... My apologies b4 it goes way off base.

Not sure how the word/name "Ed" (spellcheck?) got into the first paragraph, but no intention was made to name or mention anyone named "Ed" (to avoid any confusion)... My apologies b4 it goes way off base.
Ya man...
Ask any question you have anytime you see fit..
Don't let the few guys ruin it for you..
Most of us could care less about how much experience you have or how many posts you've made and just like to help out..
If you have an answer to a question I'd prefer you post it hear where we all can benefit from it..
anyway. .
turb...

Reactions: 2B-Inspired
Talk about "hi-jacked" jeez! More time is spent criticizing new guys for asking a question in the "wrong" thread than to have just answered the guys question, than it turns into another hi-jack about hijacking! The OP's question was answered Ed and re-answered several times with the same answer "practice, practice, practice" as there is no way to "teach" hand/eye coordination, or proper techniques to flying via a forum. It was over. So another guy asked a question that he saw on a live thread rather than A. Creating another new one with a bunch of smart a$$ answers/attacks, B. sifting through hundreds of other threads that may or may not relate to his specific problem based on his own understanding (yes the manual shows what the lights mean, but it's the DJI downloads page and its latest readme file that shows you HOW to upgrade the controller based on latest firmware updates) or C. Going somewhere else.

The best way I have found, is to use the SD card and download the update to the root folder of SD, after using SD card in the Inspires camera to update the main board, than each subsequent battery (reboot inspire after each battery upgrade completes), than use a USB /SD card reader to plug into RC (controller), insert SD card, and wait for update to complete via the light sequence on RC and reboot RC.

IMO after you upgraded the Inspire, the RC lost direct link to I1 due to firmware incompatibility, and therefore needs the RC (controller) properly updated. I saw that you already figured out the problem, and understand that due to all the put-downs, you likely chose to either A. Go somewhere else, B. Create a new username to not be associated with the so called "hi-jacker" name, or C. Sit and quietly watch the forums now reluctant to answer any questions. My answer has been "C" for a long time since ever opening my mouth in another string/forum because I got tired of the know-it-alls waiting to pounce for every question someone had (or if they didn't agree with my answer/opinion instead of helping me to clarify).

Some of these forums seem to be "HI-JACKED by the 10 top guys who started here and who are all now buddies in one way or another. Any newbie is now considered an idiot, when just a year ago, many of these new "professionals" were in the same boat. It's too bad everyone couldn't be so fortunate to have bought their Phantom and/or Inspire on day one, and be SO "knowledgeable" and superior to the rest of us. I've had the 1,2, 2+, S900, F550, and Inspire now since day one, and still try to avoid asking a question here. However, in the event I don't see an answer to someone else's question, I typically just message them outside of the thread to avoid all the unnecessary attacks and public humiliation... Sorry you had to go elsewhere for your your answers, SOME of these guys would rather put you down with twice as many words, than to just offer some assistance in half the time. Take care and fly safe!
I think CCTPREZ has said what a lot of us were thinking,
There are a few members who come across as superior beings and cannot help themselves when they criticize other members who are finding there way on this forum.
A little gentle guidance is what is required for new members instead of ridiculing them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips