Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to pair batteries

Reaction score
Hi
Today i got some new TB50 for my Inspire 2.
Can someone tell me how to pair them in the G04 App.
Im not able to find the function in the App.
When i go to the battery menue i can see a " connected " on the top right.
I Thought the batteries connect on their own when you put on a new pair, but i also get a " connected" when i take two batteries from different pairs.

Any Ideas ?
Regards Jochen

Hi TB50 batteries can be paired on the DJI Go 4 app
On the drop down click on batteries icon it tells you there to pair them in there. The best thing is to play around with the app and check all the functions first. S

Reactions: deltalimatango
Hi S. Thanks for your answer.
Would you be so kind and tell me exactly wich way you did it .
I dindt find it in the go 4 App ( on ipad ).
Even the german dji support wasnt able to tell me how to do it.

I can see the batterie serial numbers and on the top right side i can read connected. But that means only that both batteries are connected to the copter.
I didnt find some kind of drop down menue for pairing.
Regards jochen

Hi go to the DJI GO4 app, Open Equipment, Open Academy, Tutorials for beginners, all the info videos are there for the i2, - rc, - Batteries, - I hope this will help you with all the requirements you need. S

Unfortunately not.
In the manuals they say only that you have to pair the batteries with the DJI Go 4App interface.
But no one is able to tell me where.....
But thanks for your answer. If you ever paired some new batteries it would be great if you can tell me exactly where is that hidden menue .
regards Jochen

Power on your remote, connect up your tablet start DJI Go. Put the new pair of batteries in the Inspire and turn it on - they should automatically be paired.

To check, There's a little blue 'button' to the top right of the battery info screen in DJI go - it should say paired. If not, then it should say something like 'pair' - click it to pair them manually.

Hi Nick , Hi buggyman

I dont think thats true.
I thought the same and put my new batteries on the Inspire , marked them with stickers and went flying.
But i dont think that they are paired.
Did you ever cross check and take one batterie of your A Set and one of your B Set ?
In my App it says paired, no matter wich batterie i use. I Think that the paired Icon means that both batteries are in contact with the Inspire and connected to each other.
Also the charger doesnt realize wich batteries are paired. It always charges the one that has most power left.

Did anybody get a message in the App that he is using batteries that are not paired ???

regards Jochen

A dual-battery design using a pair of 98Wh batteries gives the Inspire 2 an extended flight time as well as battery redundancy. As the two batteries connect in parallel, if one fails during a flight, the other will be able to provide power for a safe return to home. To ensure the batteries are properly installed, the battery release button is made up of a center button and a ring button. When the battery is installed correctly, both buttons will pop out. A sensor in the battery compartment also checks that the batteries are properly installed. A notification will appear in DJI GO 4 if it detects a problem.

I took a pic of the serial numbers of my batteries....the serial numbers show-up on the DJI GO 4 app. Its pretty easy to check if they are paired. Does that make sense?

the Inspire is able to read the serial numbers. But it looks like it doesnt save wich serial numbers belong together.
Do you have more than 2 batteries to test if you get a message when you mix your pairs ?

I'm sure they used to give an error if 'odd' batteries where used with each other, but at the moment they don't seem to. Like you Jochen, when I tried it last night, it would just showed 'get battery info' followed by 'paired' - so there's probably yet another retrograde feature (aka bug) that's been introduced with the latest firmware & DJIGo 4.0.5+ .

I've also noticed that on occassion, the battery charger will attempt to cross charge odd pairs of batteries - I usually pull one set when that happens and wait 5-10 minutes before plugging them back in, gives the first set a chance to sort themselves out and get charging ;)

Irrespective of the above, I always fly them and keep them in their 'pair' that I initially started charging them as when I bought them.

Last edited:
Yes, I have two sets. I haven't had that problem....mine are matched with each other.

Buggyman ;
Did you try to mix your batteries and if yes, do you get any kind of message in the app?

Here is what Dji Support send me some minuits ago ....

b82c5847be86e5ca03f33948ce534a18

Support6.DE (DJI)

Mar 29, 17:32 CST

Hello,

right now you should mark the paired batteries with stickers.
Best regards
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

For me i looks like its not working yet.

Ok, mixed the batteries. It's still saying Batteries are paired, but the serial number changed on the one I switched (in the DJI GO 4 app).

Than it does the same like mine.
Im shure its not in the firmeare yet. But why dont they tell us ????

I think it may have been in the original firmware/DJIGo as I'm fairly sure it DJIGo whined about the batteries when I originally tried doing some battery hotswaps back in January - but it didn't whinge when I swapped them around the other night! So, DJI have probably gone and done their usual best snafu effort on it with the last batch of updates.

As long as the 2 you put in are pretty close voltage wise they will pair . If one is 50% an one is 90% they won't

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74