Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Howdy from Alberta

Reaction score
Hello all. I fly a P4p and wanted better vibrant images and just bought an I1 pro with X5 (no lens). Looking for a good sharp lens that will not break the bank! Into stills rather than video. Suggestions?
Cheers CG

Welcome aboard!!
You will be glad you got the X5, as the X3 is the same thing as the P4 has.
I started with an X3 and quickly outgrew it. (Took about 2 days!!) If I had it to do over again, I would have skipped the X3 entirely!!
Olympus are the best. I have 4 of them. 12mm, 17mm, 25mm and 45mm. The 12mm is the widest and perhaps most photographer's favorite, but since I got the 17mm, I am leaning toward it as my go to lens. It is $200 less than the 12mm, is all metal construction, opens a bit larger, (F1.8 vs F2.0), and I think it gets a bit better detail than the 12mm. It does need a 33gm. balance ring though. Available through DJI or Adorama. (The 12 balances with just a UV or other filter)

Thanks. The faster lenses are most definitely more $$. Someone just emailed me and suggested the 14-42 to get started as it takes pretty decent images but will suffer in lower light obviously. Any thoughts? There was a guy advertising new Olympus lenses for discount prices but I cant find the post lol.
Thanks
Mike

Thanks. The faster lenses are most definitely more $$. Someone just emailed me and suggested the 14-42 to get started as it takes pretty decent images but will suffer in lower light obviously. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Mike
I had a 14-42 and it absolutely sucked. For one, it doesn't fit on the X5 well at all. The focus ring rubs the paint off the cover on the side of the X5 where the LED indicator light is. You really have to force it on. Then, it didn't re-focus as you zoom. I used it twice then unloaded it on ebay.

Haha, I watched a little video about it and you are right it does not fit like a lens should and needs to be refocused after each zoom :( Where did you get your Oylmpus lenses from?
Thanks for your assistance.
Mike

I got the 17mm on ebay: Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8 AF Lens For Four Thirds (Black) + UV filter
$323.89 including a UV filter.
I have dealt with this guy before and he is an excellent seller.
I had it in my hands in 2 days... all the way from South Korea!

I don't recommend buying used lenses. I bought a used 25mm and it was all chipped up when it arrived. Seller had very dark pictures in his listing and a no return policy. One other time I bought a used Lumix lens for my GH4 and had to return it. Seller took it back, but it ended up wasting 10 days of my time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez