Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I am actually happy with my Inspire 1

Reaction score
So of course most people only have bad things to say about their Inspire 1. I Know DJI is sucking right now.
but I am actually happy with my Inspire 1, Sure its not perfect. But its way cooler than a phantom.

Ok, So yes there are bad things:
-My items shipped almost a month late, And that was the day after I had fought with them over email as I have a big job coming up.
-Customer support really sucks
-Apple ios support stopped the day before I got my inspire (But luckily found a version online)
-Cant get 'extra battery chargers' yet or the long life battery ' yet. Just not available
-No ground station app, (I wanna do some 'mapping')
-Prop locks? Im still flying lots without them. don't have them yet. Just make sure its on tight.
-Case is kinda neat, But props must be removed and inspire set to travel mode in order to fit, which sucks as I don't wanna assemble anything. Case has space for up to 6 batteries, But not much space for other accessories.

But I must say,
Ive had alot of fun flying it. Its a beast, Quite a bit bigger than my phantom, More power. Much faster.
Its more stable. And it looks amazing. haha.

At this moment, I am Happy with my purchase

Aren't u guys enjoying your inspires?

I can't say I have any super amorous feelings towards my Inspire 1. But like many relationships that are forever works in progress, those may come later as I grow to know it more--for better and for worse. It is a fine compliment to my Phantom 2 (non-vision), which I lost my uav virginity to.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
I am loving mine, too. As the OP mentioned there have been some problems and frustrations, but once I got it airborne that all faded away. Yesterday, I was just do some low altitude practice in my back yard. My dogs were out playing and I found myself capturing images and video just for fun. Later I look at the pictures and I was impressed. I ended up capturing some great moments of them playing and found myself smiling. I would never have gotten shots like that without the Inspire.

I am loving mine, too. As the OP mentioned there have been some problems and frustrations, but once I got it airborne that all faded away. Yesterday, I was just do some low altitude practice in my back yard. My dogs were out playing and I found myself capturing images and video just for fun. Later I look at the pictures and I was impressed. I ended up capturing some great moments of them playing and found myself smiling. I would never have gotten shots like that without the Inspire.
Would love to see them if you want to share :)

That's what I'm doing also but I'm considering plasti dip that way if I ever want to change the color I can just peel it off and I think rust oleum is also making a version now ;)

I'm not sure what plasti dip is but it sounds real cool, now is that something we can do ourself ? Or is it something a company/ Business have to do for you can you please give more information on plasti dip

It is definitely something you could do yourself and really easy to apply just make sure you do multiple coats there are many DIY instructions for this online :)image.jpg

So of course most people only have bad things to say about their Inspire 1. I Know DJI is sucking right now.
but I am actually happy with my Inspire 1, Sure its not perfect. But its way cooler than a phantom.

Ok, So yes there are bad things:
-My items shipped almost a month late, And that was the day after I had fought with them over email as I have a big job coming up.
-Customer support really sucks
-Apple ios support stopped the day before I got my inspire (But luckily found a version online)
-Cant get 'extra battery chargers' yet or the long life battery ' yet. Just not available
-No ground station app, (I wanna do some 'mapping')
-Prop locks? Im still flying lots without them. don't have them yet. Just make sure its on tight.
-Case is kinda neat, But props must be removed and inspire set to travel mode in order to fit, which sucks as I don't wanna assemble anything. Case has space for up to 6 batteries, But not much space for other accessories.

But I must say,
Ive had alot of fun flying it. Its a beast, Quite a bit bigger than my phantom, More power. Much faster.
Its more stable. And it looks amazing. haha.

At this moment, I am Happy with my purchase

Aren't u guys enjoying your inspires?
I sure am enjoying this fantastic bird...... my experience has been nothing but great besides the iOS app being pulled. but took care of that quickly with a ride to Best Buy for an android.

I haven't fly mine yet. DJI scared me and I won't fly it without the propeller locks which I have no f* idea when will arrive (I know they said next week but I live in mexico and everything its different here) meanwhile it sleeps next to my dog, no it doesn't, :p I just updated and put it back in its case. But I'm having fun with you guys in the forum. :)

Attachments

• WP_20150117_09_50_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150117_09_50_00_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
I sure am enjoying this fantastic bird...... my experience has been nothing but great besides the iOS app being pulled. but took care of that quickly with a ride to Best Buy for an android.

So, Which android did you buy? Galaxy 4 for $170. The iphone app is a little buggy, But who knows when we will get ios support.
How well does it run? Is it good in Daylight? I struggle with my ipad mini (And I have a hood for it)

I haven't fly mine yet. DJI scared me and I won't fly it without the propeller locks which I have no f* idea when will arrive (I know they said next week but I live in mexico and everything its different here) meanwhile it sleeps next to my dog, no it doesn't, :p I just updated and put it back in its case. But I'm having fun with you guys in the forum. :)

If you dont wanna fly, I understand. But I could not wait so long, Many many people are still flying, Just make sure the props are on tight.

I don't blame you for not flying it the nice thing is you will learn a lot here prior to taking off ;)

Well said @Granger! I just got back from my virgin sortie, and i'm all smiles. i missed my window for flying it last weekend, and then the bad news started rolling in in these forums. i upgraded to the .16 firmware, obsessed over calibrating the IMU and went flying. hand tightened the props. my video isnt going to win any oscars, and while pirouettes are fun to fly, the video wasnt so great so i gotta learn to do those way more slowly. first take off was manual and i let it sit at +4ft for a good 20seconds just to let it dial in. flew like a charm, and i've only had 5mins on a friends phantom to learn.

how accurate did folks find the RTH. mine seemed to "just land", easily 40meters from the take off point - not a problem in the car park where i was practicing, but in my front yard thats going to be the difference between feet dry and splash-down. i tried both the button on the controller, as well as the control in the APP. she didnt fly home, just "landed".

now to find some more batteries :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips