Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I am actually happy with my Inspire 1

Well said @Granger! I just got back from my virgin sortie, and i'm all smiles. i missed my window for flying it last weekend, and then the bad news started rolling in in these forums. i upgraded to the .16 firmware, obsessed over calibrating the IMU and went flying. hand tightened the props. my video isnt going to win any oscars, and while pirouettes are fun to fly, the video wasnt so great so i gotta learn to do those way more slowly. first take off was manual and i let it sit at +4ft for a good 20seconds just to let it dial in. flew like a charm, and i've only had 5mins on a friends phantom to learn.

how accurate did folks find the RTH. mine seemed to "just land", easily 40meters from the take off point - not a problem in the car park where i was practicing, but in my front yard thats going to be the difference between feet dry and splash-down. i tried both the button on the controller, as well as the control in the APP. she didnt fly home, just "landed".

now to find some more batteries :)
i am wondering if it had a home point locked? i have played with a beta version and it was pretty accurate with auto land.

she (the lady inside the app :) said "home point locked" before i took off. i will experiment with this some more when my battery gets recharged. (anyone got suggestions for where (which dealer) to get more batteries in the US. i'm on the east coast in case that matters

So, Which android did you buy? Galaxy 4 for $170. The iphone app is a little buggy, But who knows when we will get ios support.
How well does it run? Is it good in Daylight? I struggle with my ipad mini (And I have a hood for it)
Samsung galaxy tab S 8.4

If anyone cares I am enjoying my 2 spare batteries they look cool and seam well put together. I have not received mine yet but have a good feeling copter shop will ship mine out tomorrow. Good to hear some good things about it it makes all the BS I HAVE BEEN THROUGH by the sounds of it worth it

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I makes my heart feel good to see all the positive experiences in this thread. We still have some issues to overcome but in general the Inspire flies well and the camera takes some nice photos and video. I have not flown anything else since receiving one in November. The case makes travel easy. I fly between Las Vegas and Reno often and TSA has not even opened the case once in 6 trips. It fits in the overhead bin even though it is slightly oversized.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
I makes my heart feel good to see all the positive experiences in this thread. We still have some issues to overcome but in general the Inspire flies well and the camera takes some nice photos and video. I have not flown anything else since receiving one in November. The case makes travel easy. I fly between Las Vegas and Reno often and TSA has not even opened the case once in 6 trips. It fits in the overhead bin even though it is slightly oversized.
Me too Tahoe Ed and thanks for all your help!!

That's awesome to hear that about the TSA I was curious because we are going to Jamaica in July :)

Love my Inspire1. Over the years I have never waited in such anticipation on a release of a product. The build quality is very pleasing to look at. Every time I do anything with the Inspire I feel that I am in a Sci-Fi blockbuster. All I can hope is that it will become a little bit more affordable like the phantom.

I don't blame you for not flying it the nice thing is you will learn a lot here prior to taking off ;)
Thanks i have a Phantom Vision it takes nice pictures but its not good for video since i has no 3 axis gimbal, but in that time thats what i could afford. And im trying to learn more, i hope propeller locks arrive this week i really want to fly it.

If you dont wanna fly, I understand. But I could not wait so long, Many many people are still flying, Just make sure the props are on tight.
I wanna fly it but its complicated, because if something happen to it, my dealer will say we told you not to fly it without the propeller locks, so we cant be responsable and ill be screw.

I haven't fly mine yet. DJI scared me and I won't fly it without the propeller locks which I have no f* idea when will arrive (I know they said next week but I live in mexico and everything its different here) meanwhile it sleeps next to my dog, no it doesn't, :p I just updated and put it back in its case. But I'm having fun with you guys in the forum. :)

de que parte de mexico eres carlos, yo tambien ando en espera del mio, donde lo compraste tu=?

Well said @Granger! I just got back from my virgin sortie, and i'm all smiles. i missed my window for flying it last weekend, and then the bad news started rolling in in these forums. i upgraded to the .16 firmware, obsessed over calibrating the IMU and went flying. hand tightened the props. my video isnt going to win any oscars, and while pirouettes are fun to fly, the video wasnt so great so i gotta learn to do those way more slowly. first take off was manual and i let it sit at +4ft for a good 20seconds just to let it dial in. flew like a charm, and i've only had 5mins on a friends phantom to learn.

how accurate did folks find the RTH. mine seemed to "just land", easily 40meters from the take off point - not a problem in the car park where i was practicing, but in my front yard thats going to be the difference between feet dry and splash-down. i tried both the button on the controller, as well as the control in the APP. she didnt fly home, just "landed".

now to find some more batteries :)

RTH has been surprisingly accurate for me. Usually lands within a half meter of its takeoff point. If yours is just landing, you may be too close to your home point when you initiate RTH. I believe you need to be at least 20 meters out for it to work. Otherwise, if too close it will just land as you describe (there is a note about it in the release notes for the latest firmware.)

Hope that helps.

Loving both of my Inspire 1's. Got a third Inspire on order.

With people being scared, hopefully it will free up supply. Just like the oil market right now, it's a buy....the market is scared.

Yeah my wife told me if something happens I will NOT get another lol of course I didn't listen to her haha ;)
hahaha sometimes its hard to make them understand that no matter how old you are, all men like to play with toys, this its might not be "toy" since its an expensive and beautiful device but its fun to fly it and you may consider it a mans toy :) you have to play with it.

de que parte de mexico eres carlos, yo tambien ando en espera del mio, donde lo compraste tu=?
Hola oukenfold soy del df y lo compre en Heliboss son un distribuidor autorizado, básicamente por la garantía o en caso que algo pase ellos responden y porque si lo compraba en EU la aduana te cobra muchos impuestos. Tu de donde eres? Un saludo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry