Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I can't load new softwear on Inspire 1

Reaction score
I successfully loaded the new firm wear in my ph3s and ph4 but I loaded the RC first on my Inspire 1 and I can't get it out of travel mode, and if I hook the camera to it, it stays limp and doesn't do the little dance it normally does when you start it up, the blue light stays on all the time indicating it is in travel mode. Also the camera works perfect if I hook it to my OSMO. It acts like it doesn't recognize the camera while in travel mode. So I can't load the new firmwear up through the camera with a SD card. I was wondering also if there is a way to take my RC back to the old firmwear and start over.

I successfully loaded the new firm wear in my ph3s and ph4 but I loaded the RC first on my Inspire 1 and I can't get it out of travel mode, and if I hook the camera to it, it stays limp and doesn't do the little dance it normally does when you start it up, the blue light stays on all the time indicating it is in travel mode. Also the camera works perfect if I hook it to my OSMO. It acts like it doesn't recognize the camera while in travel mode. So I can't load the new firmwear up through the camera with a SD card. I was wondering also if there is a way to take my RC back to the old firmwear and start over.

Richard,
This was posted by Mad_Angler and seems to have help a lot of people:
Mount your mobile device on the RC and connect the cable.
Ensure you have internet connectivity with your mobile device.
Power on the RC.
Launch the GO App
From the main camera connect screen, press and hold the Graduates Cap in the upper right corner for at least five (5) seconds (seems forever).. and then let go....
If you held long enough, you will see the firmware downgrade menu where you can select the version to downgrade to.... Select downgrade the RC back to V1.580.
Then you should be able to connect to the Inspire, take out of travel mode, update. then update the RC again. (Make sure the RC is OFF, Inspire update first)

Just tried it an get "no available firmware for downgrade". It doesn't show the current either. It was a good try and I think that is the right track, there should be some way to downgrade the RC.

Richard,
Power on the RC.
Launch the GO AppI
Richard,
Power on the RC.
Launch the GO App
From the main camera connect screen, press and hold the Graduates Cap in the upper right corner for at least five (5) seconds (seems forever).. and then let go....
If you held long enough, you will see the firmware downgrade menu where you can select the version to downgrade to.... Select downgrade the RC back to V1.580.
Then you should be able to connect to the Inspire, take out of travel mode, update. then update the RC again. (Make sure the RC is OFF, Inspire update first)

Ok since I was in travel mode it wouldn't allow me to downgrade the firmware, I ended up Linking my inspire 1 RC to my PH3 than I was able to degrade the firmware in the inspire 1 master then relink it back to the inspire and everything worked ok took the inspire out of travel mode and upgraded it to the newest firmware the did the same to the RC.

Just tried it an get "no available firmware for downgrade". It doesn't show the current either. It was a good try and I think that is the right track, there should be some way to downgrade the RC.

What version S/W do you have on your IPAD? What S/W do you have on your RC?
Maybe a RC reset......
Another possibility is the RC (transmitter) has other issues, you can try this:
I got this from TE
Delete the App from IPAD, Reset the RC, then reinstall the App.
First - Delete the App
Second - Reset the RC, Please press C1+C2+Shutter (Video on the left side) at the same time, turn off and turn on the RC without releasing these buttons. After resetting, the indicator of RC should be Red.
This procedure resets the output board..
Third - then reinstall the App on the IPAD. There have been issues updating the APP from one version to another.
Fourth - Connect the IPAD to the RC via the USB. Launch the DJI APP, turn on the RC, turn on the Inspire.
Are you connected, are you asked to update?
Hope this works

What version S/W do you have on your IPAD? What S/W do you have on your RC?
Maybe a RC reset......
Another possibility is the RC (transmitter) has other issues, you can try this:
I got this from TE
Delete the App from IPAD, Reset the RC, then reinstall the App.
First - Delete the App
Second - Reset the RC, Please press C1+C2+Shutter (Video on the left side) at the same time, turn off and turn on the RC without releasing these buttons. After resetting, the indicator of RC should be Red.
This procedure resets the output board..
Third - then reinstall the App on the IPAD. There have been issues updating the APP from one version to another.
Fourth - Connect the IPAD to the RC via the USB. Launch the DJI APP, turn on the RC, turn on the Inspire.
Are you connected, are you asked to update?
Hope this works
What I had to end up doing is link my Inspire 1 RC to my PH3 then it allowed me to degrade the firmware in the RC. Linked it back up to the inspire 1 got it out of travel mode then installed the new firmware in the inspire 1 and RC.

What I had to end up doing is link my Inspire 1 RC to my PH3 then it allowed me to degrade the firmware in the RC. Linked it back up to the inspire 1 got it out of travel mode then installed the new firmware in the inspire 1 and RC.
Could you provide specific instructions on how you linked the Inspire 1 RC to the Phantom 3?
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG