Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I just don't get it.

You must be naive to believe that the $150 ( $ 10 real price from China) ,used for surveillance cameras cold produce the same picture quality as 9 elements sony lens .
Most mind-blowing GoPro videos are heavily edited or GoPro with special cage and good quality lens is used.
I would say the GoPro processor and the sensor would be same quality as Inspire camera one ,but that's all.
You may be right,i have had one apart and it is a 9 element lens and it is being used by quite a few pros i know using the hero 4. I am impressed with the work they do and they teach aerial photography and spend time time Eric Cheng and others from Adobe etc.
so if they are wrong about the quality i would not know as i am not as good as they are.i have won a couple of awards years ago but they are more knowledgeable than i so i tend to trust them.
i will say that i put one on my go pro and did not think it was as good as the stock lens and i returned it for a replacement.
i will be putting the new lens on mine after t day.
hopefully it will be as good as i have seen example of.

Not true. First of all what does 'heavy editing' have to do with picture quality? Second what is a 'special cage'? I use dozens of various go pros in my work and mix them quite easily with many cameras including Canon 5DMkrIII's and Sony F series camera. They are a tool. Period. I don't rely on them as a 'A' camera but for what they are and how how much they cost and their size they are remarkable cameras. I can't wait to see one on a Inspire!

That most likely is not going to happen. DJI has responded in many other forums to that un likelihood
Not going to happen? It's a modular designed gimbal, meaning it probably will happen, either as a DJI upgrade or 3rd party offering......what forum did DJI mention otherwise?

On the DJI website under Inspire forum, someone asked the very question and one of the DJI guys answered as above. Go see for your self

Feel better now Aerialiris? DUH. And I do know forum etiguette about linking, tried but couldn't. Get your panties out of a knot.

Reactions: Cyclone
Not true. First of all what does 'heavy editing' have to do with picture quality? Second what is a 'special cage'? I use dozens of various go pros in my work and mix them quite easily with many cameras including Canon 5DMkrIII's and Sony F series camera. They are a tool. Period. I don't rely on them as a 'A' camera but for what they are and how how much they cost and their size they are remarkable cameras. I can't wait to see one on a Inspire!
I agree with you, the GoPro is cost effective but if you do professional work you must see huge difference in picture quality from Canon 5DMkIII and Go pro camera.
I am photographer and cinematography is something new for me ,and I know , the video footage is more forgiving on distortion and details general than still photography (specially if it has to be printed as a large format ) . My point is ,no matter how good the sensor is or how many megapixles the camera has , if you don't have good lens ,it is worthless .

Reactions: skillet and ctp
Who is delivering in 4K with a GoPro? No one. Same will be the case with the Inspire. Removing fisheye from a medium FOV 2.7K shot makes for crystal clear 1080p deliverables. My P2/H33D/H4B is producing much better results than any Inspire video I have seen so far. The Inspire seems to suffer from horrible rolling shutter and poor latitude.

Who is delivering in 4K with a GoPro? No one. Same will be the case with the Inspire. Removing fisheye from a medium FOV 2.7K shot makes for crystal clear 1080p deliverables. My P2/H33D/H4B is producing much better results than any Inspire video I have seen so far. The Inspire seems to suffer from horrible rolling shutter and poor latitude.

You see in fact is to have good clue !!!!. I have PV2 + with quick release and gopro 4 and raw files from inspire. I think that recording inspire better one gopro. So it is just. Life is life

I watched the horrible presentation. I've read much of what's been discussed here and on the Phantom Pilots forum. From where I sit, this is a slightly improved Phantom 2 plus vision with a 4K camera. And they want an additional $1,800 for the privilege.

Now, if this bird could take a professional camera, say the GH4, then the money would already be out of my pocket and I would be waiting for delivery day. There is nothing I can see that gives me anything over my current set up, which is a P2 with H3 3D with FPV and a 4K Gopro. On some shoots, it would be nice to have an operator for the camera only, but most of the time, I can do what I need with my current rig. The image quality didn't seem better than what I shot yesterday.

I really think the improvements in the Phantom 2 over the Phantom 1 made the Phantom a viable tool and toy. But this new bird is overpriced for what you get. Just my 2 cents

:)

A Phantom 2 + Lightbridge + Go Pro4 + Futaba may cost close to an Inspire, but it would be fair to include the full cost of the other parts into the calculation as they are not locked down into the platform and you can re-use them for other purpose and carry them onto future rigs. With an Inspire, that is all you can do with them and you'll have to re-buy them all over again if you need a new craft.

Don't get me wrong, I think the transforming Inspire 1 and the all-in-one RTF package is great. However, there is just a few silly misses that prevents it from being a easy buying decision. DJI is so close, yet so far. Here are the things I am talking about:
  1. FPV camera for the pilot during dual operator mode or locked gimbal mode, the pilot need a forward facing FPV camera so they can judge distance and perspective. This doesn't need to be hi-res or anything, but need something that can used in a PIP or dual operator mode. It would be amazing if it is a software cropped/stabilized fisheye lens like the Parrot Bebop, but a fixed VGA FPV cam would have made this work.
  2. Other gimbals. The included eye-ball cam is OK but if this is going to be pro rig, then we'll need ability to use other cameras. How about if a gimbal for RX100, Go-Pro or even a FLIR type camera? The FLIR would have been a revolution if coupled with the #1 above.

All these improvements/upgrades will be included in the Inspire 2.

I have downloaded a few raw stills from the Inspire 1 (http://visual-aerials.com/dji-inspire-1.html) and they do look a bit soft. Now i know others have said in other posts that this is because they are RAW and therefor need processing, sharpening etc. I am quite a competent user of Camera RAW/Lightroom and feel that they are just to soft to do anything with. Well especially in terms of print. You could get away with use in a brochure or website, but i hoped the images would stand up well in print too. Maybe it was a windy day when these were shot, maybe the camera has since been tweaked before full production release, who knows..., but i would love to see some more RAW stills made available for download so we can the quality before deciding to part with a good chunk of money. All the other features look very good, I just need to know the camera can output a quality image for print.

I watched the horrible presentation. I've read much of what's been discussed here and on the Phantom Pilots forum. From where I sit, this is a slightly improved Phantom 2 plus vision with a 4K camera. And they want an additional $1,800 for the privilege.

Now, if this bird could take a professional camera, say the GH4, then the money would already be out of my pocket and I would be waiting for delivery day. There is nothing I can see that gives me anything over my current set up, which is a P2 with H3 3D with FPV and a 4K Gopro. On some shoots, it would be nice to have an operator for the camera only, but most of the time, I can do what I need with my current rig. The image quality didn't seem better than what I shot yesterday.

I really think the improvements in the Phantom 2 over the Phantom 1 made the Phantom a viable tool and toy. But this new bird is overpriced for what you get. Just my 2 cents

Saw a small review on youtube of a film where they think inspire1 shows better video than GoPro Hero 4. So I think that CameraGuy will surely buy a inspire1 surreptitiously nevertheless:D:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin